Another horrific accident in Donegal

you’re some weirdo.

Thank you,ma’am. :wub:

Four teenagers killed in Co Kerry road accident

Wednesday August 25 2010

Four teenagers were killed and a fifth left fighting for his life in an early morning car crash in Co Kerry today.

Two brothers, aged 14 and 17, were among the victims when their car crashed into a tree on the main Killarney to Mallow road.

A 15-year-old girl also died at the scene.

A third male was later pronounced dead in Kerry General Hospital, where the sole survivor remains in a critical but stable condition.

All five are understood to be from the local area.

Kerry County Councillor Brendan Cronin said: "It’s devastation, absolute horror and devastation.

"My heart goes out to those families.

“We don’t know who they are yet, but it’s a sad day for those young people.”

The four fatalities take the number of people killed on Irish roads so far this year to 137.

Gardai investigating the incident, which happened shortly after 7am on the N72 at Barraduff, appealed for witnesses to come forward.

Press Association

Another crash last night where 7 youngster in the one car were hospitalised after a collision in Mayo.

They obviously havnt paid too much attention to the news in recent times. 7 in a car again. We’ve all probably done it at some stage. They’re a lucky bunch.

Kids don’t learn. Simple as that. This will continue to go on.

:clap:

Looks like the judiciary in Donegal have said enough is enough.

That said he’ll probably appeal it to another judge and get the most of it quashed.

Its a start, a message needs to be sent to these gobshites that they cant drive like idiots and get away with it. Hopefully more judges take note and we see more of these scumbags getting the same treatment.

I think this guy a brother of the joy rider that killed a Garda last year.

Some craic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5LcUui_u-U
eature=player_embedded

I doubt the passenger had his seat belt on judging by how quickly he got out.

Lunatics.

Shame it didn’t explode on impact.

I heard recently that the driver of the car with the 8 lads in it was not directly responsible for this horrific accident. Yes, there were too many in the car, and yes he may have been speeding a little, but the car which was initially hit with the woman driver was at fault initially. She had overtaken dangerously (she was over the drink limit) and collided with the car with the 8 lads. This caused the air bag to open in front of the driver who couldn’t see where he was going and he then crashed into the elderly man coming from bingo.

Surprised with all the media reporting around this seeming to pin the blame on the young bloke driver that survived when the reality was that it wasn’t directly his fault.

Overcrowding? Check.

Speeding? Check.

He’s not innocent, regardless of whether he’s less guilty or not.

I certainly didn’t dispute that in my post but I think it is worth pointing out that he was not totally responsible.

I wonder will this be reported in the media?
Or perhaps not until any outstanding court cases are done with first.

theres a right bunch a saints on this board alright isnt there

It beggars belief why it hasn’t been already. The woman turned herself in to the cops the day afterwards.

I suppose it didn’t fit with the ‘Donegal - home of the boy racer killers’ angle that they were running.

Typical “I’ve formed an opinion of him and that’s that” post from MBB.

Did Farmer’s post even make you think about it?