Another horrific accident in Donegal

Getting trapped in it like that scares the shit out of me.

No he didn’t and that’s unfair.

3 Likes

Is this what happened in one of the fatal crashes up there recently ? I thought at the time the cops were alluding to something like this in their statement.

Is that true that they are playing chicken in their cars? Good fuck.

There doesn’t seem to be much to do in Donegal.

This is a great quote all the same

“We are aware of this new so-called craze and it is just crazy. We will be addressing the consequences of what can happen on our course going forward,” said Mr Doggett.

2 Likes

that seems to be what was being inferred at the time of that accident.

The motorists involved do not wear seat belts and sometimes carry passengers who film the events.

Some people cannot be saved from themselves

Thats all well and good, until innocent people are drawn into their stupidity. I’m all for a bit of Darwinism though.

From the news report at the time:

Update 2.40pm: Two 19-year-old men and a 21-year-old woman have been killed in a crash in Co Donegal.

Gardaí say excessive speed was a factor in the head-on two car collision that happened four miles outside Letterkenny, just before 1am this morning.
A 24-year-old man was also seriously injured in the crash.

Garda Inspector Michael Harrison believes the people in the two cars may have known each other, and he is appealing for information about what they were doing at the time.

He said: "These are somebody’s children and we really need this information for the families, there are three devastated families in this county today.

Fuck sake, I know we were all stupid fucks at that age but how fucking idiotic would you have to be to engage in that shit. If innocent people are killed by any of these clowns then it should most definitely be reported that they were killed by somebody playing chicken with cars.

Just as idiotic is having 11 checkpoints around Dublin last Friday, in which 1 suspected drunk driver was caught. Every single traffic corp unit should be up there for the next 2 months to teach these stupid fucks a lesson.

Immediate loss of licence for at least 5 years for this kind of stupidity should be the minimum

4 Likes

Let’s hope that the results of these silly games will convince the youth of Donegal to stay away from this sort of thing.

If they thought it up in the first place, I wouldn’t hold my breath. Sheer madness.
Not if you said mass for me would I go for a spin up there

That scumbag who killed 8 of his pals in his car should have been enough to put the youth of Donegal off this sort of thing for a long time I would have thought.

Was that a game of “chicken” though? Did he not hit an oul lad on his way home from bingo or something?

The driver was 3 times over the legal limit.

Ah but.
That’s just awful.

“No level of impairment could be determined.”

I suppose no benefit in putting the boot in to a dead man in those circumstances.

Ah that’s fucking terrible.

How many pints would that be?