Another horrific accident in Donegal

I was up that way a few weeks ago. Driving the N15 between donegal town, ballyshannon and bundoran. 100 kmph zone …im doing a solid 110 and EVERY car up my arse while edging out to make a move past me. They are fucking idiots up there of the highest order when it comes to driving

Nonsense. They make sensible progress.

A young lad - aged 14 - killed in an accident in Donegal tonight.

He was the driver and sole occupant of the car.

Ffs.

Ah lads. What cunt of a thing

1 Like

Why is this even a thing? I don’t understand why it’s so big in donegal?

No guards or nothing up there sure. Fucking lawless.

There’s just a wildness in them. I went to an American wake in buncrana a few years ago. Most of the lads were teachers, engineers and the like. Proper nutjobs the lot of them. Fights, arm wrestling, every pot and pan bate senseless and the future émigré couldn’t emigrate as planned because he broke his wrist missing his brother and punching a gable wall instead…because he got his eyebrows shaved.
All the talk was about how “our boy drives a twin cam and she’d blow your scooby off the road” etc.
It was some night

2 Likes

I used to go up to ballyliffin every year. Lovely spot. Hosting the Irish open this year. Rode a donegal Wilding,

Those boy racers are men of the North. They don’t care about some law south or the wall / border.

It is a very fine place. The beaches round there are spectacular. I half joke with my family about what will happen to me when I get old. I’ve issued instructions that they’re to push me to the top of the cliff walk and let gravity take over. They half joke that they’re all for it.

I just can’t understand what the fuck is going on up there

1. Ridiculous. What the fuck is that all about?

Couldn’t think of anywhere else to put this.

This girl is charged with dangerous driving causing death because her tyres weren’t properly inflated. Seems very harsh.

If it was a young fella from that neck of the woods it wouldn’t raise an eyebrow I’d suggest

Not in Donegal.

Noted. Dunno where I got that impression.

I think the fact she veered across the road and crashed head on into a van killing four of her friends probably also contributed to her being charged.

2 Likes

Indeed. I am sure the poor girl needs no reminder that four of her friends died.

But the veering across the road seemed to be due to a combination of the weight in the car and the lack of pressure of the tyres. I wouldn’t check the pressure of my tyres each time I set out on a journey. To say that the girl caused death by dangerous driving is pretty harsh in my view.

You might not, but it’s no-ones responsibility but your own. It might never have consequences like in this instance but the fault can’t lie with anyone else.

1 Like

Cant believe 1 in 5 people involved in fatal crashes were not wearing their seat belts, 20%. For fuck sake how dumb do you have to be not to wear a seat belt and wear it properly not with the belt going under the arm like some idiots wear it.

http://www.rsa.ie/RSA/Road-Safety/Our-Research/Deaths-injuries-on-Irish-roads/

4 Likes