Anthony 'Dalo' Daly

Shane Stapleton has taken over as Manager of Whitehall Colmcille Hurlers. We will see how much he actually knows now though fair play to him for giving it a go.

2 Likes

What would they be like? They have a few inter county players donā€™t they, Eoghan o donnell?

Bang average

1 Like

They won Senior B last year but Iā€™d say staying up in both championship and league will be the height of their ambitions. When they have all their county players they would be competitive at Senior A. O Donnell and Dara Grey from the hurlers and Cormac Costello and Lee Gannon from the footballers

2 Likes

Typical guard

Kilmacud* scored 1-40 against them in a league game last year.

4 Likes

makes sense now ! cute out

Theyā€™ve a big lad in Full forward. Ryan I think? Lovely hands . A real throw back. Not your stereotypical Dublin hurler.

Itā€™s a strange station with that Stapleton chap.

As lads from around the wider GAA hurling circle would generally tell you Borrisoleigh stock are very sound folk.

He is very much not the norm as regards the exports from that club.

3 Likes

Who was over them winning the B?

Odd move taking on Shane from an experience perspective

A local lad who stepped down. A lot of clubs in Dublin struggling for managers. Lucan and Brigids both senior A still have no one. Vincents had no one until last week when Pat Gilroy stepped up.

Cathal Ryan Iā€™d say. Hands of silk, arse like a bag of cement.

2 Likes

Shane has done a bit with ucd freshers the last few years. I sort of admire him forv giving it a shot

Stapleton is a self-important twat.

1 Like

Youā€™d want your head examined to be a manager of a hurling team in Dublin.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the money like? I heard Baker was on big money at Crokes, same with the Cuala boys. And years ago John Thompson got 10k from a south side club. He got them relegated

1 Like

Nice little earner for Shane ā€œSaintā€ when heā€™s otherwise relying on the podcast to put bread on the table.

Guarantee that podcast will fizzle out the next year or two. Really isnā€™t gaining any traction in regard to anything unique - and heā€™s taking a stupid punt with those ā€˜coaching workshopsā€™ bollox stuff now

Lee Gannon looked a fine hurler at underage with Dublin.

2 Likes

Yeah, heā€™s been a loss. He was probably the pick of the u20 team that reached the AIF in 2020

1 Like