Apple iPad

Thanks Runt. That’s enough to turn me off it for now.

It did yeah but Apple is having theirs on Friday but no mention of what time it begins and what time zone etc.

I don’t really see the value in 3G tablets. They’re not that convenient that you’d be using them in 3G areas I don’t think. They’re more for using on the couch from my experience thus far.

Will potentially be doing more travelling in the coming months so looking for something that I can waste away the time on that doesn’t require me to find a wireless spot or pay extortionate roaming charges to my mobile phone provider.

Ah here. What does that even mean?

:lol:

I think that fella in Nass cancelled it.

[quote=“Flano, post: 434879”]

:lol:[/quote]

I might get a sandwich for lunch I don’t think.

What?

Are you travelling abroad? What use is 3G then without roaming unless you’re taking up a contract there?

good post mac- that looks like a good deal- can it be used at home with WImax- can I upload photos onto it
could I attach a driver to create DVDs

Thanks

Yes, potentially. My understanding was that something like the iPad with inbuilt 3G capabilities worked in any country at no additional charge to access the internet as it’s part of the purchase price. Is this not the case?

Mac- when your free could you respond to my post

That’s ridiculous.

Although think it works that way amazon kindle alright.

I think you’ve been tango’ed, mac!

Presume it should work with Wimax and that you can get photos on it. Haven’t a clue about the DVD part of it though.

Who told you this Mac because that’s just plain wrong.

The person explaining it to me used the Kindle as an example. Obviously I’ve no real clue about these things and hence why I’m asking questions here.

A current work colleague

Mac for 3G on the ipad you need to have a SIM card and contract with a Mobile phone company the same as any other device, the only difference being you just have to pay for a data package as opposed to a voice and data package.