Arcade fire.. greatest band this century?

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 853500, member: 273”]The national are top quality. This website (@farmerinthecity in fact) turned me onto them back along. Very unique.

Have not listened to Arcade Fire yet.[/quote]

Nothing unique about The National. ‘Alligator’ and ‘Boxer’ are great though.

They are unique to my ears.

No music can truly be termed unique anyway at this stage surely?

Gonna see them in London in two weeks, cannot friggin wait!

Of course it can.

I was late for work yesterday because of Arcade Fire. I was listening to the new album on my stroll to the office and became overcome by the majesty of it all so I sat down on a bench overlooking the canal and listened to a few more songs. I was pumped when I got in then and put in a fantastic day’s banking.

1 Like

Thats awfully fucking ghey. Was Clarkey with you?

I’m now bored of Arcade Fire and am downgrading my opinion to average.

You must have looked quite the psychopath getting overcome with emotion with your earphones on sitting on a public bench wearing gloves without a coat.

The winter overcoat has been in use intermittently over the past week or so and I was wearing it yesterday. But I must have looked like a right psycho, yes. Eyes closed, head nodding/shaking, fists pumping.

I’ve started to listen to it. Quite poppy

Anyone see this live video of Afterlife at the recent inaugural YouTube Music Awards? Directed by Spike Jonze and starring Greta Gerwig. I enjoyed it a lot but it’s gotten mixed reviews online, as far as I can see. I think Afterlife is my favourite song on the new album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBTTd0gfkn0

No higher compliment could Locke pay to anything than to call it poppy.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 859490, member: 9”]Anyone see this live video of Afterlife at the recent inaugural YouTube Music Awards? Directed by Spike Jonze and starring Greta Gerwig. I enjoyed it a lot but it’s gotten mixed reviews online, as far as I can see. I think Afterlife is my favourite song on the new album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBTTd0gfkn0
[/quote]
I liked it, Gretta is a grand looking wee girl. Best song on the album imho.

The video was better than the Avicii one performed on the same night anyway thats for sure.

I’ve decided the new Arctic Monkeys album is better than the new Arcade Fire album.

That’s superb.

:smiley:

:clap:

I’d throw the new QOTSA album too. All three are class.

Arcade Fire knocked out a few tunes in a cafe in Kinvara yesterday evening… and then headed on to Morans The Weir for dinner.

1 Like

Are they playing a festival/gig this side of the world?

They were in Marley Park last Sunday night mate. A great gig by all accounts.