Are you satisfied with your laptop or home computer?

Well i’m not.

I’m in the market for something new. Any suggestions? Anyone recommended their own model?

[quote=“The Dunph”]Well i’m not.

I’m in the market for something new. Any suggestions? Anyone recommended their own model?[/quote]

No I’m keeping my one. Go buy your own.

I’m not overly thrilled with my current Dell. Still prefer it to Mrs Rock’s laptop though in spite of the 3 year gap in age.

All I’ll say is get one with a decent tv card so you can turn it into a PVR. Makes everything nice and seamless in your gaff.

:smiley:

[quote=“therock67”]

All I’ll say is get one with a decent tv card so you can turn it into a PVR. [/quote]

Huh?

Excellent signature TheDunph.

I’m quite satisfied with my laptop, four years going now.

have a dell inspiron 1501, have it about 2 and a half years, thinking of going for an new one, something with Vista…I see PC World are selling a Compaq for the bones of 400 euro, looks a decent enough spec for that price, think I might upgrade…All I would use a laptop for is surfing the web and typing the odd document…

My yoke is absolute gash. Low spec Siemens piece of junk. She nearly calved when I tried to put Medal of Honour on her recently, she couldn’t take it. Skype nearly kills her aswell. Booting up takes about 20 minutes.

Sure I wouldn’t be doing any of that fancy stuff SS**, strictly browsing and the odd document…

The new windows should be out in about 6 months. Windows 7, I’ve used the trial version and it seems a better job than Vista anyways. You could go mad altogether and install Ubuntu. Runs very well on older machines as it needs less resources than windows.

I have a Dell Studio 15 myself. It’s a grand laptop and looks well, but it crashes a bit too much for my liking.

[quote=“The Runt”]The new windows should be out in about 6 months. Windows 7, I’ve used the trial version and it seems a better job than Vista anyways. You could go mad altogether and install Ubuntu. Runs very well on older machines as it needs less resources than windows.

I have a Dell Studio 15 myself. It’s a grand laptop and looks well, but it crashes a bit too much for my liking.[/quote]

I currently have the latest version of 7 on my laptop. I really like it. It has a few cool new features.

I like the layout of the toolbar and the live preview of the windows you have open. It’s much more manageable than previously when you have a load of windows open.

[quote=“The Puke”]I see PC World are selling a Compaq for the bones of 400 euro…

All I would use a laptop for is surfing the web and typing the odd document…[/QUOTE]

400euro isn’t bad but would i be better off buying from the likes of Dell as opposed to a retailers?

I’d be the same in that i’d mainly use the laptop for entertainment purposes i.e internet, watching movies and playing the odd game etc. I wouldn’t really use my laptop for storing things. I assume what i’m looking for in a laptop is one with good processing speed?

I’m retarded with IT sort of things so i wouldn’t know what to look for.

[quote=“The Dunph”]400euro isn’t bad but would i be better off buying from the likes of Dell as opposed to a retailers?

I’d be the same in that i’d mainly use the laptop for entertainment purposes i.e internet, watching movies and playing the odd game etc. I wouldn’t really use my laptop for storing things. I assume what i’m looking for in a laptop is one with good processing speed?

I’m retarded with IT sort of things so i wouldn’t know what to look for.[/QUOTE]

What games would you be looking to play? If your looking to play any of the recent action/shooting games you would need to have a dedicated video card in the laptop. Most of the cheaper laptops just have the bog standard integrated one, which is useless for games (would play the like of Champ Manager ok though).

[quote=“The Dunph”]400euro isn’t bad but would i be better off buying from the likes of Dell as opposed to a retailers?

I’m retarded with IT sort of things so i wouldn’t know what to look for.[/quote]

RAM is what you need, as much RAM as you can possibly get.

Not necessarily true. Depending on the version of Vista you get it may not be able to use more than 3GB of RAM regardless of how much of it you have installed. 3GB of RAM should be loads though.

got my pc off these lads over a year ago, cost 450 incl delivery

http://ankermann-pc.shops4ecommerce.de/shop/?lang=en

I thought the 3gb of RAM thing went out the window with vista and now you can load it to the gills ?

Only with Vista Ultimate I think.

I’ve got 4. Essential.

Ya it’s actually 4Gb is the upper limit of Vista 32 bit edition.