Question for the techies

Haven’t used it yet. Came in the post with a jack and a USB cable in an envelope while I was on me holiers and haven’t moved it out to the car since. Does the cable have to be connected to the phone for it to work? Or is that just for charging it?

The cable is for charging it

1 Like

Well well well. This is the best 8 bob I’ve spent in a long time. Good work, pipe.

No problem!

I’m in the market for a new laptop. Someone tell me what to buy. I want something non clunky and main purpose will be browsing/emails/streaming stuff/playing the occasional game. So leisure activity in essence. I’m thinking an apple something or other as someone said they keep antivirus up to date for you and you need not much worry about that sort of thing.

Some information here mate, it might help you out

I have a lenovo 110s strictly for internetting and netflix, can’t go wrong and cheap as chips

2 Likes

I wouldn’t bother spending the premium on getting a mac.
What kinda bucks are you thinking of spending?
Do want your traditional 15.5" screen or would rather something smaller. Smaller would mean more options for lighter, slimer laptops.

Small is fine i want something not as clunky as this big thing i’m currently using. But not as small as my phone obviously. 10-12 inches i suppose would be about right. Money not much of a problem although for what i will be using it for i won’t be spending mind blowing money. Up to a grand is fine, a bit more is fine if something is worth it. Would you recommend apple? I like the idea of having nothing to do with internet safety/virus protection because i am an accident waiting to happen.

Jeez I dunno tass, it doesn’t half type a hape of crap.

1 Like

Not worth buying a Mac if those are your main uses for it.

Can download Antivirus and an adblocker fairly handily. I’ll send you a link for cheap Microsoft office as well.

1 Like

About 620 euros

i5 processor
1 terabyte storage
8GB ram

(You can add a laptop bag for 8 pounds if you scroll down)

1 Like

Get a Chromebook. Cheap, perfect for web browsing and no anti virus hassle

2 Likes

you’d want your head examined to be spending more than 200 pound on something to mess around on the inetrnet or watch a movie

3 Likes

the pure solid finest

Fyp

1 Like

I’m happy paying a few quid more for an apple product. A mate of mine has only had apple models the last few years and updates them every so often and is very happy with them. He says they do all the antivirus for you, they have excellent screen resolution, they are lightweight and easy to use, but also tough that if you drop they don’t crack easily. Unless someone can put me off i’ll fork out the extra for an Apple model.

Make sure you look at what ports are on the model you choose.

If you buy something with just USB C ports you’ll be carrying dongles around with you

How so? Why would i need a dongle?

http://www.currys.ie/Product/apple-macbook-air-133-2017/343959/401.0.1

This one has 2 USB 3.0 ports which would be the ones you’re used to.

Other models which are a bit more expensive just have 4 of the USB C ports. On these models you’ll need to get a dongle if you want to plug in a USB device or connect it to a larger display.