Arise, Sir Boris

:laughing: Thatā€™s the Brexit party I think.

So you were reading somewhere but are absolutely sure that theyā€™re a failure of the EU?

German reunification is nearly 30 years ago now, not the 2004 expansion.

Jeez, where did I say that?

If youā€™d said Dublin success in the All-Ireland football championship is dead, that would have been more credible

I agree with this except Iā€™d never give any credit to Minford on anything, he is a highly dangerous man

Zero Hedge is a quasi-conspiracist site, itā€™s no wonder @anon7035031 laps it up

Well you said you canā€™t integrate them.

The results economically have been quite good really.

Maybe itā€™s the whole migration crisis thing youā€™re talking about as a do gooder. Really Eastern European nations were absolutely correct in what they did then. That was an absolute failure of the EU and complete creep by Merkel on others sovereignty.

It isnā€™t half conspiracist enough given the cunts it is monitoring .

Iā€™m not giving him credit.

I am saying that at least he was/is somewhat honest.

I should have said globalization as we have seen in for the past few decades is dead. Instead of being driven by political leadership and sensible agreements, it has been driven by the largest multinationals with politicians in their pockets (regardless of whether they are left, right or center). The results of said globalization are in plain view to anyone paying attention, it has made the rich richer and the non-rich poorer, the destruction of the middle class and upward mobility as jobs move from western countries to Asia, theft of technology and currency manipulation by China who obey no international laws, multinational exploiting tax havens to avoid paying tax, multinationals dictating political and economic policy, etc.

It has been a failure Tim, and has led directly to the rise of populism as the public have completely lost faith in traditional political parties and who can blame them.

1 Like

Thereā€™s three different lads operating the @anon7035031 account.

1 Like

How many do these muktinationals employ here? 230k? Average wage in multinational approx ā‚¬50kā€¦ A lot of tax to be collected there aloneā€¦

Is Labane spoofing again?

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with the Irish model, except for a bit of dodgy tax dealings, which are now resolved. Ireland is one of the best countries in Europe to do business in, and an excellent base for the European markets.

The major issue is the chase for lowest cost manufacturing (nobody is in Ireland for low cost manufacturing) which has had the knock on effect of technology being copied or stolen.

1 Like

Youā€™re the same guy who says the US economy is in freefall before saying ā€œvroom vroomā€ about the US economy before saying that the system is in collapse before saying ā€œcapitalism is the greatest system in the world!!!ā€ and ā€œmore tax cuts for the richā€ before saying ā€œfree money for allā€ before saying ā€œwhat the US needs is more of the sameā€

You donā€™t know your rectum from your elbow

1 Like

How do you think the UK will fair in this regard as a base without having access to EU market? What will they replace it with?.. I think approx 6000 jobs have relocated here since brexit was announced .

Everything about the Irish economic model is based on globalisation

Yet you say globalisation is dead

Play the Benny Hill music

Morris dancing themed tourism

Except global extreme poverty is at a historic low.

Inequality, as we all know, is relative.

Wars have been historically started mostly due to the effort expand markets. Politicans and diplomats have actually stepped in in recent decades to stop that, hence the WTO. Hence the EU and any number of trade organisations.

I have a hard time seeing how this dovetails into the EU collapsing as you and others frequently predict. Your reasons change all the time (in one post itā€™s the PIGS that will leave it, in the others itā€™s the Northern nations sick and tired of them). The frequent criticism of the EU for Eurosceptics is actually that the EU constrains trade, that it stops multi nationals engaging in real substantive free trade. Of course multi nationals push for free trade, but businesses nearly always have been advocates of that, that is nothing new.

The EU absolutely has problems. The Eurozone is structurally imbalanced. But the evidence of EU ā€œfailureā€ and impending collapse does not hold up to scrutiny.

1 Like

If anything does the the EU 450 million population and the lack of chance of wars breaking out in the region not give them great negotiation power to do trade deals?..

The UK is a very large economy, $3.0 trillion, seventh largest in the world. There is no reason why the UK canā€™t be successful if they employ sensible trade and economic policies. That is dependent on having visionary leaders though, who appear a little thin on the ground in the UK.