Arise, Sir Boris

UK customers would see largescale declines in relative purchasing power.

That would impact on imports.

This isn’t a scare tactic. Look at what happened to the Mushroom Industry post the Brexit Vote.

Ireland, and Coveney et al, should be proud of what has been done post Breixt. There has been FINALLY been the move from UK reliance to a broader look at the EU market (which we had access to). But that doesn’t cover up realities.

That is the refuge of all remoaners I guess. He will just gung ho into a Remoaners narrative.

Ideal for him was always the UK stays in the EU and he gets elected in the Tory party on enough credo for being anti Europe. He could have a good five year run at it with all the investment that is held up right now.

I’m not sure how he could call another referendum with a straight face, on an issue he claims is settled, and then campaign for Leave again.

Even for him, that’s too much acrobatics.

He can really only call a referendum if he was to campaign publicly for Remain, and that isn’t going to happen.

1 Like

Depends.

No majority in Parliament.

Not willing to call Election.

What’s he to do?

We’ll do the right thing and make sure the poor cunts don’t starve.

There won’t be another referendum.

I can see a trickery hard Brexit, but a vote for one is hard to see. Equally hard is a negotiated deal.

Not under a Tory government

To use a Kevin McStay line about the Kerry team of the 1980s as a matephor, the best hope is that Brexit will grow old and go away, with a second referendum under a Labour government eventually putting the puppy to sleep

It needs Johnson to fold and start accepting EU extensions for it to be possible

If that does happen, it’s a possibility

But Johnson has nothing to lose personally from a no deal Brexit, and lots to gain - and that is something to be really scared of

A taste of what’s to come - Chloe Westley is a propagandist who fronts the US funded anarcho-capitalist astro-turf group “Taxpayers’ Alliance”, and a fascist promoter who should not be near the levers of power

The fingerprints of Steve Bannon and his ilk are all over this

Her appointment proves that Johnson is preparing for an all out war on truth

Hi folks,

Good job in not replying to this gent on the U.S. thread.

Let’s follow the same approach here.

That De Gaulle quote you shared with us keeps coming front and centre everytime I think about brexit. How apt it was and is.

That’s the really annoying thing. None of those pushing Brexit amongst the political classes have anything to lose personally from Brexit. So they push their imperialistic hatred risk free…

He’s lined up a right shower of cunts for his cabinet.

I suppose if you want an indicator of where Britain stands in the world today you only have to look at the insouciance with which Iran seized one of their ships.

3 Likes

They have no ships anymore

The Royal Navy has been reduced to a laughing stock.

1 Like

The Dubliners song about “the Irish Navy” will be appropriate for them soon.

Very Trump

Yes, this belief is almost certainly correct – which is why a second referendum might be the ‘best way’ of breaking the logjam.

I take your point about grave difficulties but wonder about the second point. Of course, getting a second referendum afloat would take a mighty heave, one difficult to achieve in quite a few ways. But I reckon BJ would not have “to secretly conspire”, in a second vote, with Remain. He does the Leave schtick and observes into what the cookie crumbles. I think most people feel Remain, while far from a foregone conclusion, would win, guillotining the issue for at least a generation.

If Leave won again, people would have to suck up the result. The scenario becomes No Deal or – far more likely, with the DUP no longer pivotal – a border down the Irish Sea. There now appears to be a loose consensus that Theresa May’s deal minus the backstop is the preferred way forward, because there appears to be a majority in Parliament for its passage. This consensus is a remarkable enough alteration, since this deal (or some slightly diluted version of it) still leaves the UK effectively in the EU, with Brexiteer lurgies untouched.

1 Like