Ask briantinnion about soft drinks thread

:eek:

@briantinnion

Pink Lemonade - an acceptable choice for heterosexual males?

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 1127762, member: 110”]@briantinnion

Pink Lemonade - an acceptable choice for heterosexual males?[/QUOTE]

For insecure guys no. For guys who are not afraid to try something new and carry themselves with confidence - absolutely.

Should he put a flowery umbrella in it too?

I wish Lemsip would bring out a powdered soda without the paracetamol.

I presume we’re talking about Lorina and other reputable brands here. I’ve never tried Lucozade’s effort at pink lemonade but can’t imagine it’s tasty.

I certainly was. And @Fran is a classy guy so I presume he was too.

As a fortnightly frequenter of the local chipper here, I’ve often sought out the imported Club Orange for the home comfort to accompany my meal. Recently I’ve noticed the introduction of cans of Cidona to the shelf directly beneath. It’s been about 17 years since I’ve had a can; a can I discarded half full if I recall correctly.

Given the maturation of my tastebuds, should I veer from what I know and take another chance on Cidona this weekend?

[QUOTE=“Chucks Nwoko, post: 1128355, member: 2812”]As a fortnightly frequenter of the local chipper here, I’ve often sought out the imported Club Orange for the home comfort to accompany my meal. Recently I’ve noticed the introduction of cans of Cidona to the shelf directly beneath. It’s been about 17 years since I’ve had a can; a can I discarded half full if I recall correctly.

Given the maturation of my tastebuds, should I veer from what I know and take another chance on Cidona this weekend?[/QUOTE]

Do it for the nostalgia. I wouldn’t rate Cidona as a soft drink though. Useful if you’re on a fitness buzz and you need to pretend you’re having a pint of cider but other than that I wouldn’t be a fan.

@briantinnion in the way certain wines are suited to certain foods, is there a similar match up for soft drinks?

eg would an ice cold tin of coke go with a takeaway beef curry and chips? (I find it does). Would club lemon be more suited to a one and one?

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1128473, member: 289”]@briantinnion in the way certain wines are suited to certain foods, is there a similar match up for soft drinks?

eg would an ice cold tin of coke go with a takeaway beef curry and chips? (I find it does). Would club lemon be more suited to a one and one?[/QUOTE]

You’re on the money when it comes to a Coke and a take away - it works fabulously to clear indigestion which is an inevitable part of any take away.

It is like fuck. Red lemonade is shit.

Rock shandy the morning after a feed of pints

Brian, why does the Fanta ‘on the continent’ always taste nice than Fanta in Ireland?

1 Like

Brian, the rare times I allow myself a soft drink, I normally go for something from Snapple. Their Lemonade is very nice indeed although always hard to find in shops. Are you partial to a Snapple yourself?

I’ll have to look into it this for you @Mac. I’m a big fan of the Fanta you get in the United States. Vastly superior to what we get here.

Did you know Fanta was invented due to difficulties in getting Coca Cola syrup into Nazi Germany?

I wouldn’t be a huge Snapple fan. I enjoy drinking from a glass bottle and the random pieces of trivia on the inside of the lid / cap but aside from that I could take it or leave it.

Brian, where does the phrase “a fan of canta” originate?

I couldn’t say for sure pal. It’s just a bit of bitty wanter.

Just like with Coca Cola, regional bottlers are given permission to mix the syrup as they see fit and sweeten the product to satisfy different national tastes, resulting in a variance from country to country