Aston Villa

Around the time when Souness managed Liverpool a few of Liverpool went to AVFC
Houghton, Staunton , Dean Saunders (post Souness??)

1 Like

I was just going to say, surely a role for Stan as assistant to the regional manager

1 Like

Staunton or Stan Collymore? Better have both to be sure.

Collymore would be more a minister for mischief. Two fairly contrasting Stan’s

Stan Petrov says hello. Three very contrasting Stans. A bit like Central Asia.

Dean Standers, Dalian Atkinstan, Bosko Balastan, Juan Pablo Stangel. Etc

You forgot Milner.

And Ingsy.

Trying to think of old Villa players to make stupid puns reminded me of Savo Milosevic. Christ, what an enigma. Savo-Miss-a lot-evic. A Villa version of Timo Werner, if chances created were goals scored he could have been Ronaldo

Aston Villa is the sort of club where every player who has ever signed for them is thought to have “made a good move”.

If a player leaves one of the propah big clubs or the elite coterie of super franchises, Villa is seen as a good destination. “Oh, he’s signed for Villa, that’s a decent move for him, they’re a good club.”

If a player on the way up signs for Villa, it’s “that’s a good move for him, a good step up, Villa is a good club.”

If a manager comes to Villa, it’s “ooh, that’s a good move, Villa is a good club.”

If Villa were a house in Dublin they’d be in Rathfarnham. “Ooh, Rathfarnham, that’s a nice area.” “Yeah, I’ve moved from Killiney. Still, Rathfarnham is a good place to live.”

Or “I’ve moved from Tallaght.” “Really? That’s a step up. Rathfarnham is lovely.” “Yeah”.

If Villa were a car, they’d be an Audi. “Oh, an Audi, that’s a good car.” “Couldn’t afford a BMW but it’s a lovely car all the same.”

Prestige but not at the very top end of the market.

2 Likes

It’s a bit like Swansea City in the late 70’s/early 80’s when John Toshack took over as player manager and Emlyn Hughes, Ian Callaghan, Tommy Smith and Ray Kennedy all ended up at The Vetch.

1 Like

That’ll drive some lads mad.

Dalian Atkinson was killed by the cops.

Think I read a story about Steve Staunton and Niall Quinn going day drinking on a train and nearly missing the FAI awards that night. Steve had a bit of mischief in him too I think.

Signing in. AVFC❤️

1 Like

Don’t do it to yourself lad.

City will win by 4.

I’d say City 3-0.

Who said on here that John McGinn was better than David Silva?

He’s absolutely shite

He’s woeful.

1 Like

:rofl: