Athletics Thread

Exactly. He shut be keeping his mouth shut if you ask me

All about himself

Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser

1 Like

Now that we’re turning against her, i thought Rhasidat’s handovers were poor in both relay races.

Coach Flo is no stranger to Newstalk so I wonder if they’ll have him on to go through this too

Typical fucking coach, all about him. Even sending his son out with her. Coaches are weird cunts.

https://twitter.com/cathal_dennehy/status/1801295400139165915?s=46&t=K27wQ5SlUD1o1nD3wyFPgA

going through the gears.

1 Like

Another interview here with Coach Flo by Dennehy. Much of the same info but the tone couldn’t be more different than the Indo one.

2 Likes

I’ll bet he has a belly and wears a baseball cap.

Fuck it, Freddie Roach has Parkinson’s for twenty years and was holding the bag for Pacquiao. Look at the state of Crawford’s trainer, you’re paying for their eye.

You’d read on other fora that Wayne Rooney’s appearance is holding him back though.

I dunno.

Throw stones at him all you want but he has Dina Asher-Smith in his stable too which is a fair yardstick to compare against. If someone rings him for an interview he’s not gonna say No and papers won’t refuse ink. It’s not often we have a track athlete who is one of the top 4 in the World so there’s always going to be hype.

It’d be great if he kept his mouth shut but if it keeps Athletics in the media and gets people more interested in it then what harm. I doubt Rhasidat is reading any of it in her bubble in Texas.

You wonder how fast she can run in Paris. Sub 22 200m speed that he thinks she can do would mean she’s capable of running 48.70 for 400m which is gold medal territory.

It sounds like he’s training her to win gold. I’m guessing Rome was supposed to be a bit test of this and he’s pissed off that she didn’t follow the plan so know he doesn’t know where the ceiling is.

The age and conditioning piece in the Examiner article is fascinating to me. Recognizing she’s not going to have the strength of the older athletes so needs to run it to her own strength to force them out of their comfort zone. Not something we’d usually associate for Irish sprinters.

The Diamond League races ahead will tell a lot and we know for one of them he’s pushing her for a sub 49. There’s no hiding his gameplay anyway. But sure it’s simple, just run faster than the others!

Those lads weren’t braggarts.
There’s also a lot more to boxing than “run for 49 seconds as fast as you can”

Freddie would tell ya in fairness. I’d say you’re probably right and she went as fast as she could while still feeling she could finish. He is looking at the very big picture and pushing.

McLachlan had previously said she’d concentrate on the hurdles I think but she ran 48.7 in New York at the weekend. If she turns up she’ll be hard to beat.

It’s much easier to add endurance and strength than speed. Then it’s just a case of honing the instinct so she can run whatever she needs to by feel. Her speed for a 400m runner is what’s so exciting about her.

3 Likes

Turns out lads can peel onions at any hour of the night.

Jerry Kiernan has no idea what he’s done to Irish life. The cantankerous auld fart has done something amazing

3 Likes

I met Mark Smyth in St Anne’s Park this morning & took the opportunity to congratulate him on his efforts in Rome on behalf of the forum.

5 Likes

The hurdles would be some contest between herself and Bol