Athletics Thread

His name is Gout Goutt (will leave the pun to you @Julio_Geordio) and was born in Australia apparently. He’s already run 20.76 over 200m. Ridiculous stuff.

1 Like

Israel Olatunde off to Florida to join some trainer and group that includes Noah Lyles. Great move for him and hopefully it kickstarts his journey to sub 10 seconds. Sad all the same that all our talent has to leave the country. I’d say Sharlene will disappear abroad over the winter too.

2 Likes

Surely the ship has sailed for Sharlene at this stage?

I walked past Sharlene in the Crescent Shopping Centre last week. Even more stunning in person and taller than I would have thought.

2 Likes

How so? Only just turned 26. Improved by the guts of nearly a second this season. Still some improvement left in her I’d say. She does tonnes of solo training which makes it harder to find

1 Like

That was a spot…

Paul o Donovan in a world final singles tonight at 8pm and not a word about it…bandwagon don’t be long departing

3 Likes

Incorrect thread

Tis mad the way the Carkies don’t care about him now alright

Is it on tv anywhere?

Only streaming on world rowing site as far as I can make out

Especially if she moves abroad somewhere.
Out of the limelight.

The limelight of Irish athletics?

1 Like

Winner alright…he didn’t break a sweat

Newport got new streetlights there recently

1 Like

Oh it looks like Kimmage has a new target

https://archive.ph/UwueN

Rhasidat has Paulino on the lane inside her today again. I wonder how she’ll react to her passing her on the inside again with 100-150 to go. The 3 medalists all inside her. Klaver on the outside gives her someone to focus on and chase down as quick as she can.

He doesn’t really say a lot in that. A classic Kimmage article where he throws out a lot of quotes then leaves you in doubt because the subject doesn’t say something. I’d say he wants one more big scoop and is scrambling round for it. He got no real traction with the Rugby stories he was running, completely messed up with the Athenry thing and is now looking for something.

3 Likes

That’s it. Tries to imply something and calls the OTB interview weird. And takes up half the article with a transcript of someone else’s interview. Classic Kimmage