Athletics Thread

32 degrees here today

Just a shit stirrer at this stage. He should stick to the golf.

1 Like

His articles are absolutely garbage these days. Pure word count fillers. As you say half the article is usually something that’s already been written elsewhere.

1 Like

Kimmage is a really good writer, he should stick to what he does best but he’s just driven and obsessed with drugs, unfortunate but it’s who he is

I can’t be reading it anyway, is there a suggestion that Adeleke could be using?

1. Coaches wife served a drug ban in the 90s and Flo has never proactively highlighted this. Does Rhasidat know he asks?
  2. Flo did an OTB interview where he was asked about Nasser and Bahrain and didn’t really want to comment instead saying he’d prefer to focus on his own athletes. The Internet is toxic for rumours and allegations he says.

So in the court of Kimmage, then Rhasidat is probably being drugged by Flo.

2 Likes

No. It doesn’t really say anything too much. I think he finds it odd that flo doesn’t have anything to say on drugs in sport. If you wanted to extrapolate, you could possibly conclude that kimmage thinks Flo has more detailed knowledge of PEDs than he lets on, but you could equally conclude that he doesn’t.
There is absolutely no insinuation about Rhasidat.
She clearly isn’t on anything anyway. She’s a beautiful natural runner.

It’s worth reading if you’re interested. Short enough. He says fuck all in it but any hint of doping connection is bad news for kimmage which is harsh but fair enough too given his history.

Is this on the TV live??

One of the Virgin Media channels and I think BBC2 from 3pm

1 Like

Inge absolutely smashed the 3000m record

8 seconds

Not quite, more like 3, but still awesome

8s ahead of WL. 3 ahead of WR.

Right. Misread it

Did you go to it?

No. We’ve still got the in laws with us who were minding the house and the cat and dog while we were home. Logistics didn’t work.

They’ve made a nice job of the stadium in Chorzow.

1 Like

Rhasdiat up now

That’s disappointing, she’s got a lot of work to do on race management

1 Like

She was leading off bend. Died in last 50.

1 Like

Same result as the Olympics. She died in the last 60.