Athletics Thread

Would she be better off in the 200m or is it a maturity thing?

Ran a lot more positively for first 350m than Olympics but was treading water and lost all form again once Paulino went up her inside. No way she should have lost 3rd with how far ahead she was. Another big learning for her. If she’d lost an Olympic medal like that it would be even more sickening

1 Like

Endurance comes with age but it’s still a concern. Interesting she never seems to fall off like that in relays either

Nat covered some ground to make 3rd

2 Likes

The eye can be deceiving. She never led after 100m and her 200m split was slower than some of her Paris ones. Might just be that the others went out a bit more conservative and she just ran similar to her semi final

1 Like

DuPlantis has just broken his own pole vault world record again. Showbusiness baby!

2 Likes

I see Sarah Healy was 5th under 4 mins again. Anyone see it?

Coach Flo would want to rethink the tic tacs.

2 Likes

His 3rd WR of the season. Great entertainment out of it as he goes up 1cm at a time

The WR bonus at Diamond League meetings is just a coincidence

1 Like

Oh completely. It’s his 10th WR overall. Sure it suits the organizers cos it draws in the crowds

1 Like

@Kyle was slaughtered by the likes of @StoneCold and @glasagusban during the Olympics for saying she wasn’t quite at elite levels yet…

Yeah but I was wumming

1 Like

Not that i know much about it but her last 50/60 metres is surely hugely concerning and its nearly a bit of a thing now. No way she should have been caught for 3rd there

1 Like

Coach Flo’s methods aren’t working. Time to try PEDs.

Coach Flos PEDs aren’t working. Time to try new methods.

In fairness the ones who are beating her are like a gaa team who are ‘further down the road in terms of their development’.

2 Likes

She’s the 4th best 400m female athlete in the world lads. A bit of patience would be no harm.

6 Likes

Ah the lads here are wumming. They no more give a solid fuck about it.

Goes tomorrow in Long Jumps qualification. On PB and SB, she has the 3rd longest jump in the field.

1 Like

Haven’t seen anyone pick this up yet but sounds like Rhasidats prep for Sunday wasn’t exactly ideal. Not an excuse obviously but wouldn’t help