Australian Rules Football 2018

Congrats mate, delighted. It’s all people are talking about here in old London town.

Collingwood the traditional team of the Irish Catholic convict emigrant community in Melbourne. Bad day for Pretend IRA.

There is no doubt there was an issue, highlighted by cousins, helped along too by Daniel Chick. But others like Gardiner mentioned there weren’t on that 06 side. Cousins was the big problem and was essentially let away with it because he was a superb player. That set a bad precedence where the likes of Judd wanted out. But they got Kennedy for him and changed things

Potential bad day for the millenial irish and their team tomorrow in the footy with cooper cronk a doubt

Rabbits lost last weekend m8.

1 Like

The oirish have moved to redfern :astonished:

Amazing what a green hoop will do.

:sob:

I see Mark O Connor had to apologise to Geelong for playing club football last week. I’d say that rules Tuohy out of a cameo role in Leinster too so.

Another fella got a slap on the wrists last year iirc, Meath guy?

I think Tuohy is kinda done with it now at this stage. He had carte blanche with Carlton, but not so much now.

Conor Nash maybe? He is from Simmonstown, at Hawthorn now. He played finals for them this year.

Yeah Tuohy is at the end stage of a career so not worth it. Carlton were shithouse so he probably didnt care then, at least Geelong have something about them.

How many irish lads are in the afl?

last year was one of the most ever I think. Off hand,
Nash - Hawthorn
O Connor - Geelong
Tuohy - Geelong
Hanley - GCS
Joyce - St Kilda
Connelan - St Kilda - since cut
O Riordan - Sydney
McKenna - Essendon
Byrne - Carlton - since quit
McDaid - Carlton - also quit

Madden of Dublin has joined Brisbane this year. And Okunbar now too. And of course Tohills son has joined Collingwood

Straight into the number 5 jersey for galway.

Thats a good showing, are many other nationalities seen in the afl. How many irish born players are in the premier league by comparison. (no need to look that up)

There is a yank with Collingwood who up until the semi final was a big lanky streak of piss. But he had a breakout game against Richmond and destroyed them. Had a brutal first half in the final but did reasonably well in the second half. Very arrogant cunt though, well suited to Collingwood.

Bar that, any other non Australian generally moved to Oz when they were a child and played through as normal. A few players now of Sudanese origin playing for example, but moved when young. a chap with GWS was born in Tyrone, but moved when very young.

1 Like

Fuck you.

Conor Glass is out there as well somewhere, was probably one of the best at his age here to leave.

Yep, with Hawthorn. Got a few games this year too. Knew I’d forget some lads.