Aviation Disasters

“We’re gone” is haunting

2 Likes

Definitely better than ‘I told you no good would come of a woman pilot lads’.

1 Like

You’d expect an experienced pilot to know of the very large rocks with a lighthouse on them.

1 Like

If I’ve learned anything from watching aircraft investigations it’s that it’s never one error that causes a crash. It’s a series of minor errors that in and of themselves aren’t fatal but when combined have disastrous consequences. Bad weather, bad map, reliance on instruments etc etc

Jasus, they missed blacksod by a fair whack.

We’re gone …

I think their plan was to approach it from the west.

1 Like

Bomb on board, two large towers dead ahead…

has our Minster of defense explained why a chopper had to come from Dublin yet?

1 Like

Cos the Air Corp clock off at 5?

Some lad on morning Ireland very unhappy about the publication of the transcript, only the technically relevant words should have been released.

Watching Michael Portillo’s Great American Railroad Journeys now. It’s a fantastic show. I could watch shows about American railroads for hours on end.

He’s going from Minnesota to Memphis in tonight’s show.

3 Likes

its an absolutely tremendous programme, his disgusting bulbous nose is a real turn off though

Is there an American equivalent to his trusted Bradshaws guide?

1 Like

he was using something mark Twain had written when he was cruising down the Mississippi on a steam boat

1 Like

Appleton’s travel guides, he’s on now on BBC2

2 Likes

Outstanding.

If they didn’t, the conspiracy theorists would have had a field day.

I don’t remember fully but I’m sure it was the personal stuff that he had a problem with, ‘we’re gone’ etc.

Ya, but you release it all, or none of it. Redact anything and imaginations will run riot.
It seems to me that it was in part at least pilot error, but no one wants to speak ill of the dead.

1 Like