Bad ads on the telly

@Fagan ODowd already called this on the radio ads thread. It is fucking nauseating but will appeal to manys a wanker in Ireland.

Correct. I did call it and it is nauseating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3xOBJdc7ls

bumped for @Tess Tickle the useless cunt

Don’t read if you’ve just been in the things that are wrong thread as it was posted there too until i was shown a more appropriate thread…

The Quotedevil.ie ad featuring the Alan Quinlan lookalike who went bust during the good times, i think he had a buying houses program on RTE for a while? Anyway, he is trying his hand at car insurance quotes now. :rolleyes:

So it’s a particularly amateur looking ad, but the thing that gets me annoyed every time is the little catchphrase they have at the end. Obviously every company flogging something on an ad has to have some kind of witty catchphrase to set themselves apart and to get the customers in. So on screen in the last segment it shows “Quote Devil, for a hell of a quote.” But the Alan Quinlan lookalike fella says over it “Quote Devil, for one hell of a quote.” And with a really smug look throughout as if they are really cutting edge. It’s the little attention to detail that counts and if they couldn’t get that thing right in their ad, their one big moment to shine, then i’m sorry but i’m not interested in buying whatever they’re selling.

Also the Optilase ad featuring Celia Holman Lee really grinds my gears. :mad:

quelle surprise, the one for d’arcys new radio show.

What in the name of god are those Today FM horse ads about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL9fKrpdS5Y

The AIB ads of James O Donghue and Paul Flynn are fucking dreadful.

1 Like

Cheeep-Purr

Good fucking God!

1 Like

The Apache Pizza ad.

I seethe whenever this ad comes on the telly.

The McDonalds ad for the Peri Peri chicken wrap. Yer man orders it at the counter and then it zones in on some tattooed yoke working in the kitchen. What relevance she has is not quite clear - she has a look in her eyes like she’s going to kill yer man but proceeds to make his wrap and chuck it out to him. Its all a bit strange.

1 Like

Eh she’s cool and quirky mate, so you get to see McDonald’s are also cool and quirky.

That Vodafone add with the bearded wanker and the pig. They’ve pushed the boat out now and have introduced the bearded wanker’s girlfriend. Bearded wanker + girlfriend + pig = hilarity…

1 Like

Is the bearded wanker the same chap who used to be on that travel show with Baz Ashmawy and the small camp lad? Can’t think of the name of it but was on RTE about a decade ago. He is the image of him

Ya I think he is. Was that called how low can you go or something?

Wasn’t the worst thing RTE ever made. Why do RTE never repeat anything they make?

Because most of it is absolute garbage

Doesn’t stop any other TV station

The Virgin ad. Sis…kids… cork…gotta go. Fuck off.
You’d know cork would be involved as well the cunts.