Baking

The mrs has a load of peanutbutter cookies made there and she’s getting stuck into a few scones also… How’d you whip that together, I might give it a go?

1 Like

It’s really handy, especially if you have a mixer and dough hook. Use half the amount of yeast if you are using dried packet yeast.

6 Likes

nice one.

We ate the other half already

Chancing bagels here at the moment,

1 Like

I made pizza dough earlier. Won’t use it till tomorrow evening. Will keep the forum posted.

I also made muffins earlier, but they were a premade mix so that’s probably cheating.

I’ll make some brown bread during the week as well I’d imagine

1 Like

The mrs is flying it… Granola made also.

These are great, my daughter gets most of the credit

4 Likes

I tried making an apple tart yesterday. It ended up more like an apple kebab

5 Likes

I was inspired by your effort… Made some white rolls… They’d be better used as bricks for the extension though… :pensive:

2 Likes

I know the forum is dying for an update.

The pizza ended up as kind of a deep dish job. It wasn’t supposed to, the yeast I used was “fast acting” and I left it over night so I’m blaming that. The base expanded much more than I had planned. It actually tasted unreal dough :eyes:.

Bread just out of the oven now, I baked a ham yesterday so it’ll go with that and a bit of egg salad and potato salad

2 Likes

Sweet potato bread, like banana bread without the banana, pecans added,

4 Likes

This is amazing, very moist, like a really good carrot cake, try it out fellas, sweet potato bread

Recipe please…

Any of ye baking hotshots ever make brown bread without buttermilk? Any tips?

cc @TreatyStones

Why without buttermilk?

I presume he cant get any.

Very easy make it from regular milk.
Just pour out the required amount, add a squeeze of lemon juice, leave it for 10 mins. Viola. Buttermilk.

3 Likes

Are you serious? You’re a fucking genius. Nice wan pal.

The bread I made above is without any buttermilk as the young wan is lergic.

I replace the amount of buttermilk with almond milk (or oat milk) with a spoon of vinegar thrown in. Leave the vinegar in the milk for 15 mins. Then bate away as you would have otherwise.

Or as treatystones has it above, you can do the same with normal milk if you want

1 Like