Banter or Racism

He also lives in Singapore where minorities are routinely flogged to within an inch of their lives for serious offenses like littering. This British citizen was sentenced to 20 years in prison, and is awaiting his turn for a flogging for being in possesion of a few ounces of weed. Tied naked to a trestle and flogged 24 times with a 4 foot bamboo cane, great craic.

Hopefully @TalcumX is out protesting, or at the very least written an angry letter to the Singapore Times.

Singapore? The dirty bastard

Boo hoo

@Turenne is an edgy poster or so he thinks. Leave him off

Jack Lynch was another one.

Joseph Plunkett

‘Ride me sideways’ was another one.

Desperate stuff . What do you think of this from the “leader of the Free World”?

What do I think? Whoever authorized it should be in prison.

Who do you think authorised it? You think maybe this was “bad apples” or did it go higher?

“We are going to have to go to the dark side”
Dick Cheney, 2002.

Once “enhanced interrogation” was legally authorized, I would say this was the natural outcome.

He’s not mixed race. He pretends to be mixed race.

Well you see there is exactly the problem. The legalisation of “enhanced interrogation”. So what separates democracy from tyranny?

In the US, pretty much nothing.

I don’t think you appreciate the climate that prevailed in the US after 9/11. The CIA/FBI fucked up royally in not recognizing and communicating the emerging threats of an attack and were under enormous pressure to stop further attacks.

On a relative scale most people at the time in the US would take enhanced interrogation over beheadings, burning people alive, and flying planeloads of people into buildings.

Only in Murica? Sorry Sid. I no longer believe in democracy. It’s a sham constructed to deceive the masses.
But I’m old. And desperately cynical.

Hey lads, please take this elsewhere before it decends into mind numbing US politics garbage

2 Likes

You and I agree then. America does not believe in the rule of law, human rights, a world controlled by acceptable standards of behaviour. Anything goes, as long as you win.

1 Like

What’s the alternative to democracy, flawed and all as it is?