Barcelona in Trouble

Barcelona need to get griezemann off the books.

Barca need to get loads of the books. They do not have the same financial strength as Real.

Real have probably 2-300m of players out on loan they can cash in on.

Mbappe is a much different kind of player to Benzema, I don’t think he just stands in there and replaces what Benzema brings in terms of holding up the ball and creativity. If Modric or Kroos ever decline they don’t have anybody there that can do 1 tenth of what they do, same with Casemiro.

My prediction that Barca will win the league this season or next season is more based on the consistency that Barca have when they get into a groove in the league rather than anything to do with Real Madrid though

Meh.

Kroos is overrated IMO.

I think they are a good trio but I don’t think any of them right now are irreplaceable.

Mbappe is probably the best player on the planet right now. Whatever Benzema gives them, Mbappe gives them more.

Madrid are also in the stronger position to rebuild/replace their key men.

I wouldn’t rate Mbappe as highly as that. In a counter attack yes but against a packed defence I don’t think he’s the best in the world. I don’t think he’s the best player in his team at the moment

I think he’s the best player in the world right now. Done it at the biggest stage of the football as a teen.

He’s now the predominant player in the CL.

He’s much more than a counter attack player, that is madness. Neither France or PSG play on the counter.

PSG and France definitely play on the counter when they can. To suggest otherwise is strange

Everyone plays on the counter if they can.

Very few teams will allow the likes of PSG and France play on the counter.

Mbappe is the closest thing to a phenomenon football has seen since the original Ronaldo broke on the scene.

France won the World Cup by playing on the counter. PSG won their last 16 and quarter final ties by playing on the counter.

Mbappe is a brilliant player but there’s a reason France have to start Giroud up front

No they did not.

That’s just nonsense talk. France are a huge threat on the break because they have great pace but it’s not as if France went and parked the bus against Argentina and Croatia and anyone else they beat along the way, that’s crazy.

You’re been very dismissive to Mbappe there. Teams like PSG and France are not accommodated by teams who allow them to play on the break. It’s actually the opposite in fact. None of the goals in the World Cup final were scored on the counter by France. That’s just such an inaccurate and lazy comment.

France’s goals in the world cup final were a fluky set piece, a fluky penalty and two shots from outside the box

I’ve already said Mbappe is a brilliant player, I just don’t think he has proven he can do it to the same level against packed defences or that he can be a proper number 9

Unveiling Aguero in a 2 year deal this evening.

Seemingly also chasing Depay, Garcia and Wijnaldum as all available on Bosmans and looking to punt Coutinho and Dembele

1 Like

Aguero finally gets to play for one of the most prestigious clubs in the world.

2 Likes

I’m giving that a like because I feel sorry for you.

1 Like

The financial woes appear to be near-catastrophic. Reports on the radio that they might not be able to register players for next season

Yeh they’ve to send out a bunch of players of loan at the very least. Thread below is some read

Jaysus

“Despite selling Konrad de la Fuente, Jean-Clair Todibo, and Junior Firpo”

:question: :thinking:

1 Like

I’d imagine they’ll end up giving away Coutinho and Dembele and maybe a few more for nothing