BBQs and barbecuing - I love ribeye more than I love my kids

That makes no sense

1 Like

The professional caterer he gets in gets great use out of the charcoal bbq

1 Like

Butane and Propane are planet killers pal.

Humbled you mistook my cooking for that of a professional.

3 Likes

Do you know yer man Sparling no he is a caterer think he is from Broadford? Cc @Copper_pipe

Was at a thing one day he was doing the catering, he had a green eggs on the go… Food was savage. But I’d say the egg was for show and it had all been cooked in advance… Nice fella and put up a serious spread

Jesus no, I wouldn’t eat with a Palatine

2 Likes

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/bbq-accessories?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgtTPoqzR7wIVZmUVCB1sKAtXEAEYASAAEgJ7YPD_BwE

A decent sale!

An hour’s work with a grinder and welder , grand job

10 Likes

You’re not bbq-ing with gas, you’re grilling. This is a BBQ thread.

2 Likes

It’s not a BBQ, it’s a grill.

This is a barbeque and barbecuing thread, as in the method of cooking, the device used for cooking, and the gathering of people to eat food cooked in the barbeque fashion on a barbecue. Barbecuing is cooking food outdoors low and slow. You can do it over coals, wood, or on a gas grill (indirect heat). You can also grill food over coals, wood, or gas.

4 Likes

Ooft @Thomas_Brady

1 Like

He’s grilling not bbq-ing

Who’s grilling

Wowzers

Just got one myself. Your man was bang on. Fraction of cost for cast iron one so looking forward to seeing how it goes

3 Likes

BBQing is not limited to outdoors. In fact the best BBQ in the world is generally cooked indoors, in a sweltering hot smoke filled room, as anyone who had the pleasure of visiting some of the finest hole in the wall BBQ joints in small towns in NC and TX can attest to.
It’s a long, slow process and involves burning wood. Indeed, the type of wood chosen is often integral to the taste, Oak, Mesquite etc. Cunts grilling burgers and a slice of onion in the back yard need to fuck off and call it what it is, grilling.

6 Likes

Mine arrived today. I’m not home yet - parked opposite Dr Tony office.

I might get a slab to put it on.

Yeah he was a sound man. He said to roll it on the lawn to get rid of the ashes.

Good for the soul and the soil.

Yes, but that’s another level altogether. You can get a close approximation to it in a regular indoor oven with soaked wood chips and tent the roasting pan with tin foil. Low heat, lots of hours.

A great lad. I play a bit of Junior hurling with him. He’s originally from Moneygall. Well wear.