BBQs and barbecuing - I love ribeye more than I love my kids

“Dad, can we have a BBQ”

“NO WE CAN’T”

“why not?”

“Just leave me alone, sob sob sob…”

5 Likes

Lads being browbeaten by badly reared children into having barbecues appears to be the story here.

1 Like

kids asking for BBQ in the winter. The delusion and mental gymnastics on display here are amazing. So they can feel manly sticking a thermometer in a slab of meat in the rain.

SUPER DAD

There’s a difference between having a BBQ and cooking on the BBQ

2 Likes

TFK split down the middle was always going to happen

The fault line being gas v charcoal is the surprise.

1 Like

there’s a difference between getting wet and staying dry - the BBQ getting destroyed in the rain as well to top it all off that ye’ve paid fortunes for, to show off in front of people who now think you’re an idiot

@EstebanSexface obviously has some repressed bbq trauma that is simmering to the surface

2 Likes

I find BBQ proud fella’s to be knobheads, the type of lads who were in Australia as chaps and never quite got over having to come home, they usually still wear friendship bracelets and say things like “barbie” for BBQ.

Lot of lads letting themselves down here today

Well I wouldn’t do it in the pissing rain to be honest, but the sun doesn’t need to be splitting the rocks either

A BBQ should be a very rare occasion - enjoyed with all the trappings, friends and family, the sun splitting the rocks, a few bottles of wine and a tub full of warm water that used to be ice for the beer. Cooking a lash of expensive meat in it “for the taste” in the middle of winter is for the said knobheads above

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Right, so a Weber yeah?

2 Likes

I wouldnt Braai with anything less.

Ok so, you complained about guys getting expensive BBQs but you’re also complaining about using them regularly, saying that:

Understood.

A Weber and a psychiatrist for the emotional fallout obviously.

2 Likes

Dad, can we BBQ this weekend, its gonna be 25 degrees.

No, we had a BBQ 2 weeks ago, we have to wait another few weeks I’m afraid. Thems the rules.

1 Like

a lot of lads who think they’re kings of their castles letting themselves down here

@TreatyStones and @myboyblue definitely still wear friendship bracelets

I’d say @ironmoth would except he’s never had a friend

1 Like

I dont know how lads live without a proper island and a fuck off weber bbq.

Is barbecue food not terrible for you?

Incredibly bad for you. The hydrocarbons are brutal