BBQs and barbecuing - I love ribeye more than I love my kids

why is the BBQ out in the rain? Or why are you eating out in the rain? There are plenty of ways to use a BBQ in shelter regardless of the weather. I use ours 2 or 3 times a week all year even through winter. We’ll have the odd big family/friends BBQ too with a big spread, but the most use we get out of it is doing a couple of steaks for ourselves, sausages or chicken kebabs and would do fish at least once a week, whether on the grill or the side plate hob. Its handy for the fish so it doesnt stink the house out of it. Its a different debate, but we have a gas grill BBQ, so no pricking around with charcoal and that which makes it convenient to use so often

6 Likes

I’d always associate BBQing with hot weather and wouldn’t really go for it much Ireland as we don’t get much hot weather. I don’t get as angry as @EstebanSexface does with lads spending their own money on it though.

The true mark of the modern Oirish man, incinerating a slab of dead cow while the hailstones are bouncing off the side of your face.
Would ye not consider a take away lads?

The lads limited to banging stuff in the oven at 180 for 25 mins are coming to the fore here

3 Likes

I’m going to throw another shrimp on the barbie Shiela, says the gimps in their flip flops and tie-dye tshirt and it 8 degrees and pissing wet

1 Like

Same cut of a wanker that appeared in the advert for rashers while surfing beyond in west Clare …with their piss stained hair…

3 Likes

I’d say they are and all for you.

4 Likes

Lads assume a lot of bizarre contrarian positions on TFK, having a go at anyone using a BBQ is a fine example of this.

3 Likes

that’s my point and they’re very enjoyable when they happen

Id wager the LIDTF crowd are the anti-barbecue mob baying here. It’s unregulated, spontaneous and, most terrifyingly, it’s beyond the doorstep.

3 Likes

Who’s anti BBQ you gimp?

This is about BBQ in the rain. …

The tie-dye wankers are outing themselves in a big way

Reason they’re likely rare for you is inviting you over for one would mean having to listen to.you prattle on. would turn anyone off their dinner

3 Likes

If you lived with a moany cunt like that, you’d happily fuck off outside in the rain to cook dinner.

You’d definitely be going gas option anyway, a potential way out.

Now now now, don’t be throwing petrol on the situation.

1 Like

Throw yourself on the Weber to end the torture.

Very disappointing to see the anti BBQ’ers take this a chance to show their prejudice unabashed.

The sort of chap who never left Ireland in his life.

It’s a wonder there isn’t a bigger rental market for BBQs. Given use being so seldom and all here in Ireland.

1 Like

Lads after paying for massive islands in the kitchen with top of the range ovens and hobs and they standing out in the rain in the dead of winter cooking a lump of meat over a few wet coals.

4 Likes

The landfills are full of them.