Best city on the island of ireland

[quote=“Julio Geordio”]Cork polling very poorly for a place in the top 5 cities in the world. Shocking, its like these things count for nothing with ye.
Begrudgery[/quote]
Fecking Afghan style election ballots here, I wanted to vote for Cork but it wasn’t on my ballot. I voted for Belfast instead, my favourite British city after London.

If you really cared you’d find a way

is cork not a republic?

Indeed it is, it’s still in the Island of Ireland though.

By Universe standards the whole of earth is a spec.

Yours in perspective,
GSH.

Cork Taxi drivers drive around with the light ‘on’ which means "open for d’business’ yet the pass you by all the time and point at something out the window as if I know the street they are pointing to.
Cork smells.

Yours etc,
GSH.

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]By Universe standards the whole of earth is a spec.

Yours in perspective,
GSH.[/quote]

This thread is gone very philisophical

I would interpret a City to be a town which has recieved an appropriate charter or legal instrument declaring it to be a city.

Cities in the Republic of Ireland are defined by the Local Government Act (2001). There are 5 such - Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick and Waterford. In addition there is the historic city of Kilkenny (which is legally a town).

Five of the cities trace their city status to historic royal charters, Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Waterford and Kilkenny. Galway was granted a charter in 1484 that, while not using the word ‘city’, did grant it authority to elect a mayor.

City status in Northern Ireland is bestowed by award of letters patent by the reigning monarch. Thare are 5 - Belfast, Londonderry (the charter name), Lisburn, Newry and Armagh.

[quote=“Shadow”]I would interpret a City to be a town which has recieved an appropriate charter or legal instrument declaring it to be a city.

Cities in the Republic of Ireland are defined by the Local Government Act (2001). There are 5 such - Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick and Waterford. In addition there is the historic city of Kilkenny (which is legally a town).

Five of the cities trace their city status to historic royal charters, Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Waterford and Kilkenny. Galway was granted a charter in 1484 that, while not using the word ‘city’, did grant it authority to elect a mayor.

City status in Northern Ireland is bestowed by award of letters patent by the reigning monarch. Thare are 5 - Belfast, Londonderry (the charter name), Lisburn, Newry and Armagh.[/quote]

This thread is gone very informatical

Sometimes I just can’t help myself … :smiley:

I would like to take this oppurtunity to apologise to the cities I ommited; Lisburn, Newry and Armagh. No offence was intended

Yours in perspective,
GSH.[/quote]

:thumbsup:

http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/picture.php?albumid=24&pictureid=270

There is surely other inhabitated planets out there. It would be hard to believe that Earth was somehow the only place in a galaxy of infinite size that was capable of supporting life.

http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/picture.php?albumid=24&pictureid=270[/quote]

Now I’m definately not doing anymore work today. There is no point :smiley:

There was rumours of life in Mayo there for a while. Turned out to be just a bunch of Pikeys

Watch this and you won’t do any tomorrow either

[media=youtube]fgg2tpUVbXQ

Is this really worth 6 minutes of our lives student?

Yours in perspective,
GSH.[/quote]

Whoa dude.

Depends on the opportunity cost

Would you recommend eating some:popcorn: for its duration