Best New Poster 2017

Is he on a budgie(t)

1 Like

Rattled by @Sidney. What a meltdown.

Psychiatrists would have a field day with @Enrique.

One can just imagine his thought process on the day he registered here.

ā€œI see a real niche here. What this forum needs is somebody whoā€™ll write exactly the same sort of turgid, monosyllabic, unoriginal, witless right-wing claptrap as several other posters have been doing for years. Except in a sadder, more pathetic, and even less articulate manner than even those posters.ā€

Obviously the voice ringing around his head would have been much less articulate than that, but you get the gist of it.

Thatā€™s a very low bar for a meltdown considering the outbursts this calendar year. Iā€™ll wait a week or two before considering editing it. Canā€™t imagine there will be much content change but Iā€™m open minded.

Thatā€™s just the breeze whistling through the gap between your ears, mate.

What was most liked post of the year?

Iā€™m absolutely thrilled with my stats there. Iā€™ve received over 4 likes for every like Iā€™ve given out. Top Top Stats once again :clap:

1 Like

Jesus mate, there really isnā€™t much to you other than cliche. A tough gig. Perhaps you will become sentient / self aware in 2ā€™18. Good to see you replying immediately, seething though :sunglasses:

Either a child being born , a poster surviving some sort of illness, or Flatty doing something stupid

1 Like

i got 48 likes for a post

I suppose, in the spirit of the season*, Iā€™ll give you credit for having a form of self-awareness - you freely list out your many personality deficiencies for all to read, and then rather unconvincingly try and project them onto another poster, because, well, you donā€™t have anything else to say - youā€™ve been a member here for, oh, it must be close on a year now (?) and still you havenā€™t made any impression whatsoever apart from your obvious and welcome dislike for myself and my opinions, oh, and you apparently love Trump and do a piss poor imitation of Tossyā€™s posting style.

In terms of cliches, and if a cliche had anything to say, youā€™d be the clicheā€™s cliche.

Rather than calling that shit posting, Iā€™d just say thatā€™s pretty sad.

*cc of @Bandage and Rob Hawthorne

Speaking of which, I put that Turkey photo in the oughterard anglers whatā€™s app group, and just got kicked out.
Cunts

5 Likes

The top end of the most liked posts during the year are all children being born or other big moments in the lives of posters. And thatā€™s fair enough, people on here are quite supportive when it comes down to it.

But the one exception to that is this post, which I believe is the top post for the year:

5 Likes

Donā€™t ever change.

As John McClane once said

Who the fuck is this.

I think that was Conor.

That was a belter of a post.

Brilliant middle (third really) paragraph there, thereā€™s another few posters morphing into this at the moment.

Considering what he wrote there do you not think it even sadder that he continues to take the bait get wound up by each and every one of these posters

2 Likes

I gratefully accept

I accept last years award as well

1 Like