Bleeding Radiators

Oil. Boiler is a good one I’m told.

To he honest Mike… the money spent on the heating system is kinda wasted until you upgrade the insulation.

Attic is the priority then concentrate on the external walls. There is Grant available for all the work http://www.seai.ie/Grants/Better_energy_homes/

You’ll notice a huge difference.

Edit: 13.5 is a tad cold for the bedrooms alright… :smile: but no way should bedrooms be 21 degrees either. 18 is about right.

3 Likes

I’m not trying to be nosey here chief. But can you at least buy a few roils of insulation for the attic?

1 Like

We’re going to renovate so don’t want to spend too much now. Would a couple of rolls make much difference? Last year it was cosy with same insulation.

Have you lost weight this year Mike?

2 Likes

I’m not an expert butility I would imagine that living in a bungalow would be an advantage in terms of at least insulting the attic. A few rolls should make a difference. Secondly as mundane as it seems, make sure you put some kind of blockers under the external doors. Will help keep the heat in. I asked whether you have oil or gas because in my experience, you have at least some bit of control over oI’ll. You can buy and user what you can afford rather then waiting for a whopper of a gas bill at the end of the month

I’m hot stuff so don’t notice it. Her indoors and the chisler waking up are the issue.

3 Likes

Any unused chimneys in the house?

I’d take a cold bedroom over a stuffy one any day.

@mikehunt - a hot water bottle for herself, a few woolen blankets, and a €7 bottle of poitin - job done. Far cheaper than flooterin’ around with insulation in the attic. If she’s still complaining of the cold, tell her the quare stuff is putting you in rare form and your fear fearg won’t be long warming her up.

3 Likes

There was no such thing as insulation in our day, we just fucking got on with being cold.

1 Like

Saved your farts for the bed.

2 Likes

Got the attic in the homeplace insulated recently, great job. Unreal difference.

2 Likes

:smile:

Ballpark figure to get the external of the house painted gents? Its a dormer. Some plastering touch up required on some settlement cracks etc

And how long would it take? A week?

Don’t tell me you fell for the old “ah ya they are just settlement cracks” line?

Sounds like you have pyrite problem. You’d be as well knocking the place and starting again.

7 Likes

Is it a Brother Dormer?

2 Likes

That went straight out over GG’s head. Only the Limerick boys will get it

1 Like

:grinning:

Just on the off chance I didn’t have to knock it any idea how much it might cost

What square foot is the “Dormer”.