Bleeding Radiators

Yup. Ring a carpenter

Turns out I bought the wrong hinges for the doors. I need outside hinges. Surely they’re easier @iron_mike

I don’t know chief to be honest.

It would appear so. Would you have to get visually appealing ones though ?
If they’re outside they’d be part of the look of it ?

Yep. It’s an old copper looking hinge too that matches the handles. Little cunts. So I’m looking for some new old looking copper hinges. Any ideas?

Argos ? That butchers shop in Malahide that the lads go on about ?

3 Likes

There is an Australian fella lIving local to me here. He’s a handyman. I normally allow a shit loads of these jobs to build up, wait till my missus is gone home to her mother for a few days and ring yer man.

When she comes back she spends the week marvelling at my DIY skills.

2 Likes

Outside hinges on your kitchen cabinets? Are you sure they didn’t just sell you a couple of boxes and screw them to the wall?

1 Like

It’s not a butchers. It’s a meat deli. There’s no butchering happens there.

Not the kitchen. Sitting room cabinets. Shipped them home from China and are on our third gaff since we got home so I’m pretty sure they’re not screwed to the wall.

Wooden floors in the kitchen, yes or no.

Has anyone hilariously suggested @Rocko father in law yet?

No mate, go for it

1 Like

No

Can get tiles that give wooden floor effect I think they look ok

I’m considering those too. What are the negatives against the timber floor? Durability, resistance to liquid damage?

Sounds wrong but a high quality laminate would be your best bet if you want a wooden look. Natural wood won’t put up with kitchen mess as well as top class laminate.
Tiles are obviously the best bet though.

2 Likes

@Brimmer_Bradley , pipe up you cunt. You made a big song and dance a few months ago about changing to a wooden floor in your kitchen.

Put down Amtico if you want wooden floor effect. Timber not practical, stainage and dampness etc.
I put amtico down 4 years ago, very practical, very durable, looks great. Not cheap tho but if you don’t plan changing it in next 10 years then it’s worth looking at

Yeah with kids especially the spillage could ruin the floor. As @backinatracksuit said you could get a decent laminate that people probably wouldn’t know difference unless they went looking for it

No. I’m sulking over what @Bandage did to me over in another thread.