Bleeding Radiators

I lost the key of the postbox when I was off my head on drink at the weekend, are they easy to replace? surely its only an aul generic key I could pick up in a hardware shop

Is the box attached to the door? If it is it’d probably be easier to just move house.

9 Likes

Two probably came with it.

1 Like

I’m in a similar predicament. I’ve been fishing letters out of my letter box with a clothes hanger for a few weeks now…

Any idea anyone?

1 Like

I can’t get into mine at all, there’s a bank of 30 of them in the lobby

Call a locksmith he can probably replace the lock.
Or bust it off and replace it yourself.

1 Like

Bust off 3 or 4 of them, blame thieves and get the management company to replace it

1 Like

Lads, am thinking of putting some flooring down in the attic so that I can store most of the Mrs shit up there. Is it ok to put the flooring down on the joists or do I need to get someone in to put in a suspended floor?

on the joists will be fine.

1 Like

Thought so. Just wanted to make sure before I go off and get the flooring.

when you say flooring, what are you putting down?

Standard attic flooring that you get in Woodies.

ah right. if its not a big area and if you have a decent saw, 18mm plywood or OSB sheets would work out cheaper. Even 12mm would be fine. depends how much effort you want to put into it!

Check if you have cables running on top of the joists for electric lighting in the locations you are going to floor.
2x1 battens across the joists would lift the flooring above the cable

1 Like

I checked and there were was none in the area that I was going to floor might be as an idea to run those battens across the floor anyway rather than putting the floor directly on the joists.

If there are no wires I wouldnt be creating twice the work on yourself. There is no structural or otherwise necessity for battens, moreso if there are no wires or pipes on the joists

I have to write more now because of this stupid fucking forum setup

You can get a tongue and groove flooring (possibly chipboard) made exactly for that purpose. Just lay it down across the joists.

Edit: Old rating

And tell them your priceless Rembrandt you ordered in the post was stolen.

1 Like

What’s a joist?

When two knights run at each other on horseback and try to knock each other off with a stick

7 Likes