Bleeding Radiators

fixed

Those boards are shite. Put my knee through more than one of them this year. They soak in the moisture in the attic and they slowly turn to mush.

You can buy 8x4 sheets of ply in places like b&q and they cut it for free for you. Cut it so it fits through the attic door…

Or try get a rake of second hand laminate timber flooring on done deal. Chape and solid.

2 Likes

Top tip that.

I have actually have a rake of second hand laminate timber flooring available to take away

What kind of a shit hole do you live in,is there a hole in your roof.Why don’t you fix it?.

At a reasonable but fair price of course.

I had an issue with that in my attic. Was due to poor/no ventilation and condensation forming on the underneath of felt. Nearly ruined my roof trusses.

Yes but you fixed it,if an attic is ventilated properly there shouldn’t be any moisture

Bought a do-er-upper 2 years ago. Doing it up in the evenings. Waiting to do proper job on roof when extension will be roofed. Lots of issues, most understood. Some beggar belief. I take my hat off to the original builder, he got away with it.

You should see some of the shit I’ve had to redo and I’m just a have-a-go hero.

7 Likes

Coming towards the end of a big renovation/extension job on my own place at the moment. Another month should see us nearly back in. Can’t fuckin wait.

3 Likes

What did you end up doing in the end anyway, renting or moving in with the parents?

They were nearly untrussworthy

Rented a place very close by.
Ended up with a few options once I put the word out that I was looking for a place.

Ah yeah, you’re a popular fella I’d say, no shortage of offers.

3 Likes

Inside toilet? Flash bastard.

Next thing you know, he’ll have a back kitchen

A pantry even

@Massey what would be the best way to go about putting down a base for a stove/hearth.

I was thinking mixing a bit of mortar, throw down a base of a row or two of bricks on the flat then just sitting my hearth stone on top of that? Maybe face off the bricks to the front and side with some thin stone?

If the floor is already there then just put down a couple of courses (depending on the height you want)of nice old red brick around the outside and fill in the inside solid,the put your slate or stone or tile or whatever on top.Simples.Be careful with the height of your stove as you need to match up the angled flu liner

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUKq65sFy2g