Bogstandard 🐐 GAA photos

Sodom and Begorrah to borrow a phrase

2 Likes

Ah thats a top notch pun. You rarely get that sort of quality on here.

:joy: C&C used to always took young intercounty lads on for seasonal contracts…

What was/is “Buck Rogers “ on the Galway jersey . I remember a lad called Conor O Donovan played minor for Galway that day and he utterly lorded it .

Galway GAA sponsor? What else could it be but a chipper?

1 Like

Centre back. Hurled Waterford off the park.

Buck Rogers was a takeaway I think.

1 Like

If it was, I doubt your man would have fancy danned more than once.

It was indeed

I remember Davy Glennon playing one of the finest individual games I’ve ever seen from a minor in iirc the 09 final Vs kk.

1 Like

I was a few years ahead of @eoghanruadha and spent a year in the same school repeating the leaving. Went out to the Coo the night the school won the AI final in '93. Wasn’t on the hurling panel but scored with a bird who thought I was. I wasn’t going to tell her otherwise. It was like shooting fish in a barrel the same night.
KK minors won 91, lost 92 and won 93?
#jerseychasers

1 Like

Nailer was unrale that day. He lorded it over the Cork lads. That was the day he said to Marty Morrissey in the interview afterwards that it was the Corned Beef sambos that did the trick for him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glorious Times @Locke, glorious times.

1 Like

cc @mickee321 @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

2 Likes

Noone in Galway city would have even noticed
This was 100% a Muldoon phenomenon

Galway underage stars don’t attract jersey-pullers?

I thought the Galway lads would have been one of the worst for it - They were even togged out Head to toe in County gear at Nenagh Co-Op matches.

2 Likes

Out in the sticks, but not in town.
It’s changed in recent years with hurling becoming the Munster rubby of the gaelscoil elbows.
Rubby lads were generally where it was at until recently.
Don’t forget that Galway city doesn’t really have a hurling club. Rahoon Newcastle would be nearest, and that is mostly St Joseph’s parish lads from the west end of it, or was. Bushy park out.

I had a cousin a “star” minor mar dhea, went to school in town. It definitely didn’t hurt him with the cailíni Gaillimhe.

Wouldn’t hurt, but hurling wasn’t where it was at back then in town. Cream of the crop went to the rubby lads.
It’ll be different today. There isnt a single city school has a significant hurling or football pedigree really. Mary’s would have been the closest, and it’s by all accounts gone a bit feral these days.

Thinly veiled “I was a 'wegians prodigy who was batng them away”

1 Like