Bogstandard 🐐 GAA photos

Sadly not mate. The Corinthians lads had the city stitched up it seemed to me. This quickly transferred to Connacht.
I was mediocre in the extreme at every sport I ever played.

TFK Exclusive, lifting the lid on the real motivation for Galway to enter the Leinster championship.

Mellows menlo emmitts and castlegar… All city clubs

1 Like

He didn’t know them Connolly lads playing for Castlegar

I think he got split and reddened thereafter

Mellows not really city, Menlo Emmett’s not really a main club, castlegar is in the boondogs mate.

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Mellows and castlegar both in the city… Menlo won an all-ireland a few years back all be it at jnr level

Castlegar is in the boondogs mate.
Mellows is practically in portumna

You don’t know Galway too well mate… Merlin and renmore mate

Mellows is everywhere in the City east of the river Corrib out to the roundabout at the now defunct Corrib Great Southern. They would have lads from the Claddagh hurl for them as well over the years. Mellows are a club that are an amalgamation of Bohermore and College Road, who won a county title in the 30’s.

Castlegar is also a City club. Albeit further out than Mellows. But 100% a City club.

Agree with you re the rugby heads been the cream of the crop in days gone by. Most of the cunts were from places like Salthill/Taylors Hill/Moycullen.

Exactly mate. Nowhere near the city.

2 Likes

1 Like

Ah that’s lovely.
Ive a great friend who’s a good soccer player.
Back in the day he was asked to play for mervue instead of college, and they bribed him with a pair of addidas predators. He played for a season, but it was too far and he packed in. They came to his house looking for the boots back.

1 Like

These could really go in a number of threads.

That’ll come in handy if he ever needs to lift a corner-forward over his head

3 Likes

Won’t be a great help for football though.

I hope he is a publican or it’ll all have been for nothing

1 Like