Boxing II

The reason boxers are switching across to the likes of MTK is that they will be looked after even if it is drug money they are getting rather than getting fleeced by weaselly cunts like the McGuigans.

1 Like

Yeah well Kinahan doesn’t want the boxers’ money at all really. He wants their credibility.

1 Like

That’s it.

The boxers are really just a ruse for him to wash his money and move legit. The upside for the fighters is that he is not there to rip them off, they will be well looked after which is why so many are moving to his stable.

It takes some level of arrogance for McGuigan to stand there moaning about losing boxer to MTK, if he didn’t rip them off then he would not have lost his fighters.

1 Like

Agree about Barry but Saunders needs something very nasty to happen in his life. It might make him appreciate hurt.

Please Mr Kinahan, put him in a ring with Canelo.

2 Likes

Look McGuigan is a cunt and suddenly the world is waking up to it! FFS! He’s not as big a cunt as Kinahan. Kinahan has built an empire and a fortune on the absolute death, misery and degradation of mostly poor working class people. He has destroyed families, communities - in fact I’d go as far as to say he has destroyed Irish society. For its many faults Ireland was once a place of joy and trust. now in its smallest villages there is fear

3 Likes

Saunders is some piece of work

Outside of boxing

A video of Saunders taunting a drug addict, offering £150 of crack cocaine to perform a sex act or punch a passer-by while he sat in his Rolls-Royce, was released on 17 September 2018. The woman punched a man walking past and a friend of Billy Joe’s filmed the incident of which he then drove away from. There was no indication that Saunders had drugs in his possession, a second video then surfaced of him calling another woman “a prostitute”, and stating “we don’t wanna get the clap off you”. The General Secretary of the British Boxing Board of Control, Robert Smith, responded: “I have just seen the videos and I can tell you we find it disgusting. I am speaking to members of the board now. I am keen to get on with this as soon as possible.” The incidents were investigated.[123][124] And the BBBofC found Saunders ‘guilty of bringing the sport into disrepute’, issued Saunders a severe reprimand and fined him £100,000.[125]

In March 2020, Saunders was alleged to have made a ‘phone call to Delta Airlines claiming that three other boxers on a flight from Las Vegas to New York were infected with the Coronavirus. The call resulted in the three boxers being removed from the flight. An audio clip of the call circulated on social media in which Saunders was heard laughing about the incident.[126][127][128]

In March 2020, Saunders posted an online video showing men how to hit their female partners whilst in isolation due to the Coronavirus pandemic. In the video Saunders uses a punch bag to explain how to react if “your old woman is giving you mouth” and showing how to “hit her on the chin”. He later posted a follow-up video to apologise for any offence caused.[

Actually maybe should put this in the Travellers thread. Another fine example

What sort of sick cunt sends his daughter flowers for Valentine’s Day?

You’ve never articulated your issue with Mcguigan, what exactly makes him such a cunt? That he’s a promoter and trying to make money? That’s how every promoter goes about their business.

For the MTK thugs to come after Mcguigan is despicable.

I’m just referring to the fact that for a boxer they will get looked after by MTK even if is an arm of a scumbag murdering druglord.

Whereas as McGuigan is a weasel who cheats his fighters out of their own money.

So while Kinahan is undoubtedly a bigger cunt you can see why McGuigan is widely despised in boxing circles.

2 Likes

That he’s a self absorbed, nasty, lying, weasely cunt who cheated many a man out of his money.

Barney Eastwood made McGuigan, treated him like a son and McGuigan knifed him in the back.

A greedy, greedy, greedy quisling cunt.

1 Like

He was basically stealing money from Frampton for years through strange accounting practices, employing his whole family on the promotion in non existent jobs.

I think Frampton thought Cyclone were looking after his tax bill, they weren’t.

On one occasion, he had an American promo or tear up up a 500k cheque made out to Frampton and have him make it out to Barry McGuigan. I’m pretty sure that the correct procedure is for the fighter to be paid and for him to pay his team out if the purse.

McGuigan is having similar issues now with Josh Taylor and Chantelle Cameron.

Lookit, these lads got the rub being associated with McGuigan on the way up. Would Frampton be as well known without him? No way. The son is also in the top 3 or 4 trainers in the UK.

However, there’s an established pattern now that his MO is to rinse his successful and financially illiterate fighters.

2 Likes

It was obvious that McGuigans had way too much input In CFs career .

The reality is that CF was a very good boxer who needed a better trainer than Shane McGuigan . The Santa Cruz rematch in 2016 was real proof of that .

1 Like

Have heard Frampton say lately that he was overtrained alright.

I think Santa Cruz when he got behind the jab was always going to be a problem for Frampton with that reach advantage which is what he did second time up. Frampton was maybe starting to slow down a bit by then even as they’d apparently do 2000 rounds per camp or something crazy.

Thought he was great with Taylor and particularly Groves. Groves was shot to shit when they got him and they somehow turned him back around.

This is a very very common theme in professional football. Well known Irish footballers have been absolutely nailed by this.

1 Like

Frampton and his team should have known what to expect and alter their strategy . This did nothing really . There is no guarantee he would have won re match but huge questions lingered .

There was a programme done by BBC 1 NI about the relationship between CF and the McGuigan’s in happier times and tbh it was mind boggling

1 Like

The MTK lads are a tight knit family. Wan in, all in.