Boxing Thread

Utterly bizarre. The most ridiculous decision I have ever seen.

Call the cops, he was robbed!

Andy Lee is flying it, never trained as hard, never felt as good and has a real chance tomorrow night. People of Ireland get behind this guy…

However he is gonna have to KO this fella as there aint no level playing field down in Texas…

Here we go again…

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/06/andy-lees-request-to-have-chavez-jrs-gloves-weighed-turned-down/

Goes with out saying they’ll do everything in their power to cheat him. He’ll be up against it regardless. I think he’ll struggle to keep Chavez off despite being the better boxer. Chavez has a good chin and is well able to work. Hope I’m wrong but I’d expect Lee to slowly get worn down. You never know though. He has a good shot and Chavez probably hasn’t faced anyone as good as him.

Is the Lee fight on tv anywhere?

Box Nation I believe.

What time GMT is the fight?

Usually around 4am.

Best of luck to Andy Lee tonight.
Not a hope of me staying up till that hour to watch, but hopefully I will wake up in the morning to yet another limerick man being a world champion.

:clap:

I think this link might work to show it.

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/boxing.html

Limerick lads. Pathetic.

A fellow county man is going toe to toe in enemy territory tonight and a regular lad on tfk has publically stated he won’t he even stay up to watch it. And the lack of input from the local Limerick brigade on this fight is sickening.

I would be proud to have Lee from my county.

County Limerick is filled wall to wall with cunts.

North Connaught is behind Andy Lee tonight.

No urine sample from Chavez :mad:

Lee struggling to hold Chavez off at this stage. Still has plenty of pop but not landing much.

2 rounds each but Chavez landing heavier

If it keeps going like this Lee’s getting stopped late.

Chavez stops Lee in the 7th.
Too powerful for him, Lee couldn’t get out of the corners, it was only a matter of time.

Quicker than I thought. Chavez just too big and strong. Lee needed to keep him on the outside or at least make him pay for coming inside and he did neither. Chavez just walked in and landed whenever he felt like it. Sting was gone out of Andy’s punches by the 5th. Disappointing night for him.

Proof if proof was needed that the Derry Destroyer would have beaten Lee if they ever met.

Watching the Brook-Jones fight from last night on Sky Sports 3 now. 6 rounds into it and it’s worth watching the last 6 based on reports…

Oh yeah, watched this last night. It was excellent.