Boxing Thread

Farcical :lol:

I’d be worried about Brook if they have to pick guys this bad to make him look good.

Im watchin in the pub so luckily i dont have to listen to the shite they talkin,that was a don kingesque matchup

He looked like shit last time out. They needed to build him up again. Supposed to be fighting the winner of Alexander/Bailey but no doubt he’ll get another ‘eliminator’ first.

Very few of those limeys will ever be up to the standard of the top fighters in the US sky build them up to be the biggest thing since sliced bread then fleece them for a ppv and move on to the next one

The hype is gas. It’s amazing that they can keep a straight face when they’re saying some of this shit. The British audience laps it up too. They have lads saying that Khan went to America to avoid tougher British competition like Brook :lol:

+1

The Brits have some really shit immigrants in comparison to the Americans, the Americans really toughened up and added resentment to their Africans up with slavery and they’ve also got those loco Central Americans as well as the Italians. The Brits on the other hands got some African freeloaders and middle eastern immigrants who are about as tough as paper.

They dont know any better wtb its like some clown watching wrexham every week thinking yeah we could take man yoo if only we got the chance

I was under the impression that his next fight is definitely winner of Alexander/Bailey bout? The quality of his opponent aside, he looked in decent shape but I’d be very surprised if he was to beat either of the two above.

“World Title Eliminator”

Kell Brook 1/16 to win

Piss take.

Yanks have great breeding totti they have a bit of everything the complete mongrel if you will

One of the best fights of the year between Peter Quillin and Hassan N’Dam for the WBO Middleweight title last night. Very entertaining stuff.

[media=dailymotion]xuhltb[/media]

Morales-Garcia was just plain sad. Morales looked tired after two rounds and got knocked out in the 4th. Says he’ll do one last fight in Tijuana and call it a day then.

Garcia knocking Morales out last night

http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/garciagif.gif

Nevin having second thoughts about going pro apparently. No contracts signed and he’s been in talks with Billy Walsh again about potentially staying in the amateurs.

Was it 60k Katie Taylor is getting a year to stay amateur? Think I saw that figure somewhere… I’m sure nevin would stay amateur for that, he never seemed that ambitious to go pro.

Yeah it’s supposed to be 60k they’ll get alright. Must be very tempting. No guarantees with the pro game at all and in four years’ time he mightn’t have a pot to piss in.

Who’s this Liam Walsh that Ricky Burns is fighting next? Must have some Irish blood in him.

Have a look at his record http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=437195&cat=boxer :lol:

A victory lap for Burns before he takes on Broner I’d say. Hopefully anyway. You wouldn’t know with Warren. He could be knocking out no-hopers like this for another while yet.

No wonder I never heard of him. Fuck sake, how many defences has Burns had now? Only one of them, Katsidis, had any sort of decent pedigree. Mithcell is a very decent European level boxer, but still.

I don’t think he’d turn that down if offered it. I’m a fan but in fairness but he doesn’t strike me as driven. He did comment after the Olympics that he wanted to stay amateur but was waiting on the AIBA to make him a sufficient offer to stay.

A lot of rumours circulating that Manny Steward has died in the past few hours. Hasn’t been confirmed yet though and there are a number of conflicting reports so hopefully it’s not true. He has been seriously ill for a while.