Boxing Thread

Nothing wrong with the jungle juice lad works well in a lot a things

Here’s a link to Lee’s fight - http://sosoboxing.com/boxing-video-watch-online/andy-lee-vs-anthony-fitzgerald/

I just don’t think he has the defence or the power to get away with his style. He’s a technically excellent puncher but he’s got that upright, eastern european style that makes him very vulnerable when opponents get inside his jab. He either needs to roll shots much better inside, or hurt guys a lot more when they’re trying to get in range. The fact that he does neither means he always finds himself in these slugging matches that he’s too tall and rigid for. He has decent whiskers in my opinion, he ate a lot of shots from Chavez Jr that didn’t seem to do much to him. But he just gets worn down as the fight goes through the middle rounds from the volume of shots he takes and the constant pressure that he’s under.

What your saying WTB is that you wont win fights by blocking punches with your face

:smiley:

I wouldn’t say that. Margarito made a career of it.

Ward v Egan on rte2 now

Egan getting a hiding here

Did John Kenny just say “the late, great Kenneth Egan”?

Kenneth Egan - a class act :clap:

Ward is a beast. Felt sorry for Kenneth. Would like to see him move into coaching with the high performance outfit. Always speaks passionately about it and knows his stuff. Turned into a bit of a clown after Bejing but seems to have righted the ship in recent years.

Egan retiring-fair play to him-13 national finals in a row. Ward is a big bad muthafucka.

Good luck to kenny 10 national seniors not an easy thing to do,if ward would tidy himself up he would be unbeatable

He’s right to call it a day anyway. Fair play for giving it another go. Olympic silver medal isn’t a bad reward for his career.

Huge reception for Taylor’s opponent there.

Some real rough edges to his game that need to be sorted out but he has unreal potential.

I thought Katie Taylor didn’t get much of a roar there considering it’s her first fight since the Olympics.

This is bizarre to have 2 women boxing the head off each other after the main event-not unusual sight out in Citywest but normally not this organised.

Big call from Jimmy there - undoubtedly the best Irish female boxer ever.

Yep he did

Its on in the national stadium mate

[quote=“Mac, post: 740467, member: 109”]Yep he did

Its on in the national stadium mate[/quote]
My bad.

‘The Polish boxer said that fighting Katie Taylor would be great for her CV. Well she didn’t actually mention CV but said something in Polish.’

‘The Poish are always great fighters’ says Jimmy.