Boxing Thread

[quote=“Sidney, post: 740458, member: 183”]Some real rough edges to his game that need to be sorted out but he has unreal potential.

I thought Katie Taylor didn’t get much of a roar there considering it’s her first fight since the Olympics.[/quote]
Theres no band wagoners at the national seniors sid,katie sounds a lot like joan burton i think

“If you’re watching this, as you must be if you are listening to this…” says Jimmy during the Ward Egan fight.

FOAD Jimmy you UUCOAM.

Katie is the first ever female olympic boxing gold medalist to box in the national stadium apparently…

A pity we could never attract any of the other ones

[quote=“Sidney, post: 740458, member: 183”]

I thought Katie Taylor didn’t get much of a roar there considering it’s her first fight since the Olympics.[/quote]
Bernard Dunne seconding my observation.

Hardly that much of a surprise though-big difference between Neilstown’s and a hardstand in Moate’s finest and a load of women and children in a carpark in Bray.

nolans reach is killing mclaughlin,good scrap this

Tremendous scrap there. Nolan looked like he had McLaughlin’s measure but a really strong finish from the man in blue. Nolan deservedly takes it however.

Excellent scrap there well done nolan

Adam wins his third national title in a row - a great ambassador for the county :clap:

David Price knocked out in the second by an overweight 41 year old Tony Thompson.
One punch to the side of the head/ear did the job. Jelly legs when he got up and ref stopped it.

[quote=“Piles Hussain, post: 740780, member: 363”]David Price knocked out in the second by an overweight 41 year old Tony Thompson.
One punch to the side of the head/ear did the job. Jelly legs when he got up and ref stopped it.[/quote]

Boxnation trying to downplay it is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in ages. There were better fights on Prizefighter tonight :smiley:

Ah yeah, well Vladimir got knocked down before, so did Lennox.
No panic. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Thing is, the heavyweight division is so shit beyond the Klitschkos, Price will almost definitely have a title finagled for him at some stage.

Anyone going to watch B-Hop vs Cloud this weekend? It’s in Brooklyn so it mightn’t be starting that late our time by usual standards.

I was thinking of giving it a miss and watching it Sunday but this trailer has nearly persuaded me to wait up for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPteXJeKd64

B-Hop is some character.

Unreal. The man knows how to hold an audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkj2BZmxlJY

:smiley:

He’s a gas man, then you throw Don King in there…

B-Hop :clap:

We knew this guy’s style. If a burglar is coming to the house and if he calls you and tells you he’s coming, you’re going to wait for him. And you’re going to make sure you’re going to be in a big chair with a big gun and when he comes through the door, you’re going to get him. I knew he was coming in.

:clap:

What was that kunt King on about at the end there?