Boxing Thread

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 759711, member: 260”]I’d respectfully disagree. I thought the first six rounds in particular were electrifying. So much speed, power, and accuracy in play that you felt it could all end at any second. I honestly think Rigo is just sublime to watch, it’s just all so smooth and effortless with him and his balance is so good it’s almost surreal. Even when he’s momentarily knocked out of position, he just glides back into a comfortable stance in a perfect position in an instant.

That said, your view will no doubt be a popular one and the lack of ‘action’ will most likely prevent him ever becoming a mainstream star. It’s hard enough for guys in those weight classes to do it anyway, but for someone like Rigondeaux it’s pretty much impossible. As such he’ll never bring a whole lot of money to the table and will probably find his options are quite limited when it comes to potential opponents.

But I don’t know if there’s a 122lber in recent history that beats him last night. Maybe Pacquiao or Morales, maybe. JMM doesn’t beat him. Barrera doesn’t beat him. He beats Naz worse than Barrera did. He’s just an awesome fighter. Like I said before, a once in a lifetime kind of guy.[/quote]He beat his biggest danger in Big bang WTB.

That was the night that made him as a pro. He looked in trouble for the first four seconds or so but once he got past that he knew he could accomplish anything. Still hasn’t offered Big Bang the rematch though which says it all in my opinion.

Tyson Fury fighting on Channel 5 now - he walked out to Boys of The Old Brigade. :smiley:

Amir Khan in a real fight here against Julio Diaz - ahead on points but Diaz chasing for the knockout with 2 rounds left:

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/183436/1/watch-amir-khan-vs-julio-diaz.html

Khan clinging on desperately - one round left

Khan hangs on to the end

Khan takes it narrowly on points

Khan is easily the most dillousioned boxer on th planet and only second to Mayweather in the dickhead stakes.

A world heavyweight title fight in Mannheim tonight as Wlaidimir Klitschko puts his belts on the line against Francisco Pianeta.

WTB will be sadly missed from this thread.

Time for the rest of us to step up in the same way that Newstalk’s B team had to when the Off The Ball team departed.

Floyd Mayweather also takes on Robert Guerrero tonight in his first fight for a year. I will not be staying up for the circa 5am start.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 768369, member: 183”]Time for the rest of us to step up in the same way that Newstalk’s B team had to when the Off The Ball team departed.

Floyd Mayweather also takes on Robert Guerrero tonight in his first fight for a year. I will not be staying up for the circa 5am start.[/quote]

So he wont be really missed at all Sid?

Watch the what?

[quote=“Sidney, post: 768369, member: 183”]Time for the rest of us to step up in the same way that Newstalk’s B team had to when the Off The Ball team departed.

Floyd Mayweather also takes on Robert Guerrero tonight in his first fight for a year. I will not be staying up for the circa 5am start.[/quote]
Mayweathers a joke he only fighting cause he’s broke he had his chance a couple a years ago to make the fight of the decade but couldn’t find his balls

:rolleyes:

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/184874/1/watch-wladimir-klitschko-vs-francesco-pianeta-.html

Klitscko stops the Italian punchbag in the sixth.

Sounds like another classic from Dr ironfist

It’s starting to really come out now about his money. The entourage has been cut way down, and the ex has said a few things that indicates money issues. Some of the stuff he’s still doing is extravagant though so it’s hard to know. Just not one bit of education in that whole fucking gym.

On the fight itself, I really think he could be in trouble. He has brought his father in for his uncle as coach which is pretty nuts. The uncle is the cool head, and even though the uncle is still there the father is an idiot.

Guerrero is also a multiple champion and even though he is lighter he is deceptively powerful. His old man is a lunatic though and is his coach. He started roaring at Mayweather at the Press Conference Thursday about him being a wife beater and “we’re going to beat that wife beater”. Great stuff, he also called out Mayweeather Snr.

I obviously abhor FM and hope he gets a serious beat down. It’s always very hard to see it happening, but it is a distinct possibility this time.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 768428, member: 273”]It’s starting to really come out now about his money. The entourage has been cut way down, and the ex has said a few things that indicates money issues. Some of the stuff he’s still doing is extravagant though so it’s hard to know. Just not one bit of education in that whole fucking gym.

On the fight itself, I really think he could be in trouble. He has brought his father in for his uncle as coach which is pretty nuts. The uncle is the cool head, and even though the uncle is still there the father is an idiot.

Guerrero is also a multiple champion and even though he is lighter he is deceptively powerful. His old man is a lunatic though and is his coach. He started roaring at Mayweather at the Press Conference Thursday about him being a wife beater and “we’re going to beat that wife beater”. Great stuff, he also called out Mayweeather Snr.

I obviously abhor FM and hope he gets a serious beat down. It’s always very hard to see it happening, but it is a distinct possibility this time.[/quote]
Pretty bitch never fights anyone unless he has the advantage weight/location etc