Boxing Thread

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 783142, member: 273”]Is this the irish doctors or tournament doctors?

It’s a bit bizarre, he’s fighting for a gold medal, I can’t believe they are pulling him if its the Irish team. Should be up to him.

Fucking insurance companies. Ruining sport.[/quote]
Tournament docs Kev. I suppose in a sport like boxing they have to be fastidious about these things.

Conlan up in the next few minutes.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 783142, member: 273”]Is this the irish doctors or tournament doctors?

It’s a bit bizarre, he’s fighting for a gold medal, I can’t believe they are pulling him if its the Irish team. Should be up to him.

Fucking insurance companies. Ruining sport.[/quote]

I think it was the Irish doctors. He said himself that he can’t breathe properly with it though.

That is a real fucking shame. :frowning:

Should be his call whoever it was.

I suppose he has win this before, would you think they’d make the same decision at the Olympics?

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 783152, member: 273”]Should be his call whoever it was.

I suppose he has win this before, would you think they’d make the same decision at the Olympics?[/quote]

Yeah after what Glasagusban said above I’m not sure but it did seem to be an Irish team decision to withdraw him anyway. But you’re right, I doubt they’d do the same for the Olympics.

Thought mick edged the first, two judges gave it selby, one to conlan.

Second to selby.

You could be right Rocko, from the Barnes tweet saying he had been trying to bluff the doctors I presumed it was tournament doctors, the itisg docs would have known about it for a while.

Split decision to selby. On balance I’d say the judges got it right.

Jimmy magee is a really terrible commentator

Ya read there it was an Irish team decision which involved medical staff, Barnes & Walsh. Fair enough so.

John joe will walk this

Shut the fuck up jimmy ffs

Class from Nevin.

He makes it look easy

Nevin just ridiculously good.

Quigley is losing this I think.

He ran outta gas but just did enough

Quigley wins!

2 outta 3 ain’t bad

Split decision:
30-27
28-29