Boxing Thread

At least you won half your bet.

Hilarious stoppage. Sums up British boxing. Great performance from Groves, he won a lot of fans tonight.

Carl has no business ever mentioning the name Andre Ward again.

Groves was defending himself, still had his legs, and was throwing back. He was buzzed, but if that’s the criteria the ref could have stopped Froch 3 or 4 times. He dived in to the exchange to stop it too. I think he caught Groves in a headlock.

Exactly he stepped in and neary knocked Groves over with a headlock,Never seen a stoppage like that before it was shocking! Froch is a horrible cunt aswell giving it the whole Phil Taylor type shit afterwards,he was outclassed for what 8 rounds? and put on his smarmy hole for good measure aswell!

It’s all about a re-match. British boxing is a farce.

Didn’t see that fight but all reports are it was a ludicrous decision.

Froch surely will give re-match. History shows as well the younger fighters nearly always win re-matches. Could be good money to be made considering the odds in Groves for last night.

D-Becks in Manny’s dressing room showing the love

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 864579, member: 273”]It’s all about a re-match. British boxing is a farce.

Froch surely will give re-match. History shows as well the younger fighters nearly always win re-matches. Could be good money to be made considering the odds in Groves for last night.[/quote]

Don’t know Caoimhaoin, I think Groves had being doing very well, if tiring, when he got stopped, I thought Froch had a mare, nervous from the start, wasn’t throwing his usual jab, timing was off, don’t know if that will happen again although depends on his head, he may have lost the bottle and may never come back like he was before.

1st round to Manny

Think you are agreeing with me. Going by what you all say as well as other media powerhouses outside TFK, Groves was superior. I think that should give him the confidence to go on and be even better. He seems to have a good team around him for this defeat to be turned into a positive.

Rd 1 10-9 PAC
Rd 2 10-9 PAC

Rios starting to be a little more active though. GOOd fight so far.

Manny isn’t hurting Rios and is definitely a touch slower than before.

Rd 3 10-9 PAC

Manny moving all over the place and is making rios very confused.

PAC putting some serious power into jabs and double jabs. He’s looking very good.

Rd 4 10-9 PAC

4 rounds down and Manny is making Rios look silly so far.

Is Rios playing possum here? Waiting for Manny to gas himself out and then hope to catch him?
He’s being pummelled here?

Rd 5 10-9 PAC

That was a chance for rios as manny took a break.

Rios tactics must be to finish strong and go for a stoppage. Otherwise this is stupid. He is without doubt 6-0 down after this

None of the rounds even close.

Rd 7 10-9 PAC

An absolute belting.

Manny definitely hasn’t lost the fire. This is an exhibition.

He may have been superior but Froch can’t be as bad again so it won’t be just easy money for a Groves win

A lot of talk this weekend that if Manny impressed the Mayweather fight is a real possibility.