Boxing Thread

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 864592, member: 273”]Rd 7 10-9 PAC

An absolute belting.

Manny definitely hasn’t lost the fire. This is an exhibition.[/quote]

Agree with you here…masterclass so far.

Ah not easy, an as I say I have not seen the fight, but the doubts are there now for the older lad.

Rd 8 10-9 PAC

Took a breather there and still won the round easily.

Rd 8 was an exhibition is taking a little break and regaining energy but being even more precise everything manny did in that round was class.

Looks to have some of the speed back as the fight progressed.

Gotta hand it to Rios, he’s tough at least.

Rd 9 10-9 PAC

Rd 10 10-9 PAC

Rd 11 10-9 PAC

Joke of a match up. Rios looks like a chump.

Pacman is back. What a whopping. Shut out rounds to nothing.

A walk in the park. Hardly a glove laid on him :clap:

Don’t know whether Mayweather will fancy Manny now, that was a great performance.

As is often mentioned it’s all about money. Mayweather is obsessed with not ending up on the scrap heap financially after boxing like so many before him. He is also worried about his perfect record. I think he’ll do it for outrageous money though and the word is that people in Asia are willing to put up money for it to happen.

I had given up in the idea, but they both looked as good as ever in their respective last 2 fights.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 864607, member: 273”]As is often mentioned it’s all about money. Mayweather is obsessed with not ending up on the scrap heap financially after boxing like so many before him. He is also worried about his perfect record. I think he’ll do it for outrageous money though and the word is that people in Asia are willing to put up money for it to happen.

I had given up in the idea, but they both looked as good as ever in their respective last 2 fights.[/quote]

Mayweather’s plan of fights this year and next was about money but he has only ever fought his opponents when they had past their best. He’s worth about $170 million so at this stage the fight with Manny I think is more about the record. Would love to see it but it could be one if those that just got away…

fair enough and you are right that the fight should have been let develop more…but i don´t think froch is getting the credit for some of the shots he landed…i really thought groves was the one fighting like he needed a knockout as he was so open throwing some of the punches…

Manny is past his best. Nowhere near as past it as I thought he was, but definitely beyond it. He looked good today and he had a great game plan for Rios. But against a more skill opponent he’d certainly have to worry a bit more about his defense. There is no doubt he dismantled the Rios attack with his movement but Rios and his team showed they are not as clever as they think they are. Other top class opponents will be much smarter.
Apparently Roach has been quoted as saying they really want Bradley again and are not against another JMM fight. Maybe at the end of one or two of those and Mayweather comes thru his few fights we might get it.

But you are right, it’s still a long shot.

As previously mentioned Paddy Fitzpatrick is an alright sort

http://www1.skysports.com/frochgroves/story/29800/9040109/paddy-fitzpatrick-wants-referees-to-be-called-to-account-after-george-groves-stoppage

Good interview with him here

http://www.irish-boxing.com/in-dept-with-groves-irish-trainer-p/

Carl froch comes accross as a right mug

Phil the power was at ringside.