Boxing Thread

He got back into it but was always behind cos Maidana started so fast. Normally Broner would control the pace of the fight but Maidana didn’t allow him to control it or settle. Maidana had a point deducted but Broner should have as well. Your spot on about his attitude, he basically told his corner to fuck off during the break around the 10th round/11th round. Deserved what he got!

I think that was the most enjoyable fight that I’ve watched in years. Full video for anyone who missed it - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k4fF9Kd3V5aERk536SW

Chino, what a fucking legend :clap:

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 874910, member: 260”]I think that was the most enjoyable fight that I’ve watched in years. Full video for anyone who missed it - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k4fF9Kd3V5aERk536SW

Chino, what a fucking legend :clap:[/quote]

We’re you surprised by some of the margins?
I was over the moon Broner lost but I thought he won 3 rounds for sure and arguably another 1 or 2

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 874998, member: 273”]We’re you surprised by some of the margins?
I was over the moon Broner lost but I thought he won 3 rounds for sure and arguably another 1 or 2[/quote]

I was because I was half expecting Maidana to get robbed. Especially in Texas. I think three rounds for Broner is fair enough. Maidana’s shots were more effective pretty much the whole way through the fight, and for the most part he was busier as well. Broner clearly doesn’t have a lot of power at 147, which is a big problem for him. He needs guys to be gun shy and letting him lead because it turns out he’s not actually that good a counter-puncher at all.

I was surprised at how poor his instincts were in the pocket. I genuinely thought he was much better than that. Maidana is a fairly straightforward fighter but he gave Broner one or two puzzles to solve and Broner was clueless. He was so easy to hit, even for someone like Maidana who is fairly crude the end of the day. Don’t know what’s next for Broner. His image is in tatters.

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 875005, member: 260”]I was because I was half expecting Maidana to get robbed. Especially in Texas. I think three rounds for Broner is fair enough. Maidana’s shots were more effective pretty much the whole way through the fight, and for the most part he was busier as well. Broner clearly doesn’t have a lot of power at 147, which is a big problem for him. He needs guys to be gun shy and letting him lead because it turns out he’s not actually that good a counter-puncher at all.

I was surprised at how poor his instincts were in the pocket. I genuinely thought he was much better than that. Maidana is a fairly straightforward fighter but he gave Broner one or two puzzles to solve and Broner was clueless. He was so easy to hit, even for someone like Maidana who is fairly crude the end of the day. Don’t know what’s next for Broner. His image is in tatters.[/quote]

Broner is the american equivilant of Bernard Dunne.

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 875005, member: 260”]I was because I was half expecting Maidana to get robbed. Especially in Texas. I think three rounds for Broner is fair enough. Maidana’s shots were more effective pretty much the whole way through the fight, and for the most part he was busier as well. Broner clearly doesn’t have a lot of power at 147, which is a big problem for him. He needs guys to be gun shy and letting him lead because it turns out he’s not actually that good a counter-puncher at all.

I was surprised at how poor his instincts were in the pocket. I genuinely thought he was much better than that. Maidana is a fairly straightforward fighter but he gave Broner one or two puzzles to solve and Broner was clueless. He was so easy to hit, even for someone like Maidana who is fairly crude the end of the day. Don’t know what’s next for Broner. His image is in tatters.[/quote]

Maidana was much fitter than what he had shown before. Prick and all that he is, Aruiz did a decent job there. He is crude, a real old school your shot my shot kind of boxer(even though he throws 4-5-6 punches sometimes, more than a lot of sluggers like him). Great a different style gets rewarded though.

Is Texas known for dodgy results? Maidana was the crowds man and Broner is neither liked not from there. If anything I think Maidana may have been given one or two or even three close ones. Don’t think the winner was ever in doubt though.

Broner is goosed. Last step Up and Paylie made him look ordinary enough, another step up and he looked average. The weight thing is significant though, his management should be shot.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rO1_WD0limI/Uq0zq2V6g7I/AAAAAAAA-Nc/BHa1gEP8O-U/s1600/21.gif

Harsh! :smiley:

Anderson Silva last night

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fwmi1mLjZW4/Ur-yN3P4U4I/AAAAAAAA_Rc/sVtJRvpIYJg/s1600/6.gif

Fucking hell

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 879314, member: 260”]Anderson Silva last night

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fwmi1mLjZW4/Ur-yN3P4U4I/AAAAAAAA_Rc/sVtJRvpIYJg/s1600/6.gif

Fucking hell[/quote]

Not boxing.

The IBF have ordered Froch to have a rematch with Groves within 90 days

Half decent brawl between Gavin Rees and Gary Buckland on Sky Sports 1 now.

Both are fairly mediocre fighters but both are going for it here

8 rounds in and both fighters have emptied the tanks. Gut check time

12th and final round. Jim Watt has it at 106-104 to Rees. Both men going for broke

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 896454, member: 1137”]12th and final round. Jim Watt has it at 106-104 to Rees. Both men going for broke
[/quote]
Bad sign for Rees so :smiley:

Wouldn’t be one bit surprised if it was a draw

Split decison

116-113 Buckland
116-113 Rees
115-114 Buckland

Ricky Burns’ latest defence of his WBO World Lightweight title against Terence Crawford starting very shortly.

I don’t like Scotland but I like Ricky Burns so I’ll watch this. Not a huge boxing fan but I see the challenger is strong bookies’ favourite.

I’m interested in how Crawford get son, they’re calling him the next Mayweather so we shall see. He’s undefeated from 22 bouts or something in that region?

Can anyone confirm if Burns allegiance is to Celtic or the huns please