Boxing Thread

Barrera is over weight for what he’d normally be, he’s either over for a pay check or he is just going after Khans chin and hoping to have a bit more power.
This is a low level of World boxing in reality. Khan doesn’t have the chin to be a proper world champion.

Doubt it is for the money, remember reading about Barrera when the fight was announced and he is well off, owns a shit load of prperty and didn’t squander it like countless others

Never underestimate the power of “More” money Puke. But your right, he has a big fortune. He is resented by a huge population in Mexico because of this and his relative Middle class upbringing. Morales was the poor mans hero during their rivalry.

I remember wtaching a documentery about Prince Nazim when he was preparing for the fight with Barrera, he spent half his time messing about with his posse and neglected his training, pure cocky, tried to wind up barrera over the choice of gloves(naz demanded to wear the colur gloves that barrera wanted)

Long story short Barrera hammered him and I don’t think the Prince boxed again

[quote=“The Puke”]I remember wtaching a documentery about Prince Nazim when he was preparing for the fight with Barrera, he spent half his time messing about with his posse and neglected his training, pure cocky, tried to wind up barrera over the choice of gloves(naz demanded to wear the colur gloves that barrera wanted)

Long story short Barrera hammered him and I don’t think the Prince boxed again[/quote]

He was quality then. My favourite fights are Ward V Gatti and Morales V Barrera. Heart, bravery, plenty of skill, blood, guts…everything. Saw Barerra up fairly close in Seattle once, he is fucking tiny, i couldn’t get over it.

Watched a bit of the morales v barrera fights on youtube a few months ago…Two of them were some warriors…Great fights alright

[quote=“The Puke”]I remember wtaching a documentery about Prince Nazim when he was preparing for the fight with Barrera, he spent half his time messing about with his posse and neglected his training, pure cocky, tried to wind up barrera over the choice of gloves(naz demanded to wear the colur gloves that barrera wanted)

Long story short Barrera hammered him and I don’t think the Prince boxed again[/quote]

prince had 1 more fight then that was the end of him,mccollough always maintained he beat him but i dont think so

Even if Barrera is past it, he was one of the greats, whereas Khan has shown fuck all in the ring since he turned pro, and has beaten no one.

Who are Dunne and Lee fighting and what are their chances?

[quote=“Turenne”]Even if Barrera is past it, he was one of the greats, whereas Khan has shown fuck all in the ring since he turned pro, and has beaten no one.

Who are Dunne and Lee fighting and what are their chances?[/quote]

barerra is one of the greatest fighters in the last 10 years and will have no problem getting into the hall of fame,just saying hes a bit past it at this stage,but he has nothing to lose in fighting khan,by the way barerra is from a queit well to do family in mexico which is a bit unusal think his fathers a doctor or something,dont know who lees fightin but dunnes fightin a lad whos only fought twice outside his country and has a small ko%,even though dunnes a light puncher hes proably favourite

http://live-wrestling.niceboards.net/Stream-1-h1.htm

Starts at 11 I think.

Anyone else watch the fight last night, the cut was the deciding factor, Khan looked very fat and slick but the punches he was landing didn’t do too much damage, he probably would have won the fight if Barrera didn’t get cut in the first round but it would have been a lot tighter…

Whoever Khan boxes next, I will be backing the other guy, still far from the finished article

[quote=“The Puke”]Anyone else watch the fight last night, the cut was the deciding factor, Khan looked very fat and slick but the punches he was landing didn’t do too much damage, he probably would have won the fight if Barrera didn’t get cut in the first round but it would have been a lot tighter…

Whoever Khan boxes next, I will be backing the other guy, still far from the finished article[/quote]

Didn’t get to see it live as I’m at home in boggerland. Found a repeat online last night and watched it. You couldn’t judge either fighter in fairness from that fight. We still don’t know if Khan has improved enough to be considered title winning material, also we don’t really know if Barrera is completely shot as a fighter either. In Barreras case he is obviously not a title contender in any division anymore but could still trouble a lot of fighters I think. The cut completely destroyed the fight as Barrera clearly could not see the shots with the amount of blood in his eyes. Also despite Khans impressive hand speed and the fact Barrera couldn’t see half the shots, they still didn’t appear to really hurt Barrera to the point where you could see him being KO’d.
I saw the Enzo Macaranelli fight too, he got KOd in the 9th round. Thats his title shot ambitions down the toilet for a long time again. Two KO losses in his last three fights…not good.

Where’s all the talk about Baaarnard for tonight? Anyone giving him a chance?

1985 was the last time Ireland won the rugby.
1985 was the last time an Irishman beat a Central American in a world title fight.
Omen?

Come on Bernard, come on West Dublin.

[quote=“sid waddell”]1985 was the last time Ireland won the rugby.
1985 was the last time an Irishman beat a Central American in a world title fight.
Omen?

Come on Bernard, come on West Dublin.[/quote]

I’m hopeful that Bernard will take his opportunity
Hearing him speak you get the impression that he realises that this could be his only chance so he had better take it

Katie Taylor is unbelievable, that is all

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]I’m hopeful that Bernard will take his opportunity
Hearing him speak you get the impression that he realises that this could be his only chance so he had better take it

Katie Taylor is unbelievable, that is all[/quote]

Would you do her?

I probably would.

[quote=“The Runt”]Would you do her?

I probably would.[/quote]

The wife is sitting beside me now so I won’t answer that question

[quote=“The Runt”]Would you do her?

I probably would.[/quote]

Meh. Depends what time it was.

http://dynimg.rte.ie/0001379e10dr.jpg

Katie Taylor is a lovely looking girl, and one of the finest Irish athletes around. Congrats to her. :wink:

Successful sporting women are the same as successful career women for me. Fair play to them and all that but who gives a fuck really. I’d take a nice pair of tits over all the gold medals Katie Tayor could bring me.