Boxing Thread

Groves is finished, He will end up an alcoholic drinking in pubs around Fulham in a year or two. You could see it in his eyes in the interview, he is totally finished, crushed.

Fantastic knockout from Froch, the way he cut the distance to set it up was textbook. IMO he needed it as Groves was increasingly in control of the fight. I’m sure from the cheap seats it looked like Froch was winning, he was more aggressive, but he was only hitting gloves for the most part. Groves landed far more clean punches and was doing so with more regularity as the fight wore on.

Fantastic knockout from Froch, the way he cut the distance to set it up was textbook. IMO he needed it as Groves was increasingly in control of the fight. I’m sure from the cheap seats it looked like Froch was winning, he was more aggressive, but he was only hitting gloves for the most part. Groves landed far more clean punches and was doing so with more regularity as the fight wore on.

People were overestimating Groves’ boxing ability I think. He has a good jab and fast hands but he’s defensively poor and he has no real inside game at all. The same is true of Froch but Froch’s resilience is legendary. He can take three to give one and still wear down most opponents.

i know shag all about boxing apart from the fact that Ruport Murdoch has mugged off millions of people by convincing them to pay to watch a meaningless squabble between two no marks, at least he allowed it go to the 8th round anyway.
Like finding the Sunday Independent open on Niamh Horan’s article on the parent’s kitchen table i came home at midnight last night to miraculously find my wife and sister in law watching this contest (it was on one of the sports channels).
i do agree with WTB that Grove’s defense for the winner was awful, my Taekwondo training (to blue tag) always thought me to at least stand at an angle to my opponent to make the target smaller and ALWAYS keep my paws up, He was standing there like a lemon facing Froch/Frock with his right hand protecting his jaw and the left scratching his knob, he took a dummy left to the RHS and then looked at cunt before turning his cheek and getting an all merciful cross shot the LHS… it was on the button, right at back of the jaw, brain shakes and it lights out… a thoroughly disappointing spectacle i must say

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 952715, member: 367”]i know shag all about boxing apart from the fact that Ruport Murdoch has mugged off millions of people by convincing them to pay to watch a meaningless squabble between two no marks, at least he allowed it go to the 8th round anyway.
Like finding the Sunday Independent open on Niamh Horan’s article on the parent’s kitchen table i came home at midnight last night to miraculously find my wife and sister in law watching this contest (it was on one of the sports channels).
i do agree with WTB that Grove’s defense for the winner was awful, my Taekwondo training (to blue tag) always thought me to at least stand at an angle to my opponent to make the target smaller and ALWAYS keep my paws up, He was standing there like a lemon facing Froch/Frock with his right hand protecting his jaw and the left scratching his knob, he took a dummy left to the RHS and then looked at cunt before turning his cheek and getting an all merciful cross shot the LHS… it was on the button, right at back of the jaw, brain shakes and it lights out… a thoroughly disappointing spectacle i must say[/QUOTE]
I never heard of this grooves fella till a couple a months ago,is he related to perry?80k chavs turned up to this shit i see :)somebodys having a right laugh today

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 952715, member: 367”]i know shag all about boxing apart from the fact that Ruport Murdoch has mugged off millions of people by convincing them to pay to watch a meaningless squabble between two no marks, at least he allowed it go to the 8th round anyway.
[/QUOTE]

Spot on.

That’d be Eddie Hearn.

It was the biggest fight of the last 100 years on British soil you fucking mugs.

Eddie knows how to milk em alright

It was great for boxing. Groves deserves a lot of credit too. He’s the one that made it what it is.

The two fighters sold it. Two great showmen and professionals

Get a grip. Froch is a promoters nightmare.

Barry was laughing his bollocks off with Froch in the ring after he sparked Groves out. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were plotting a third episode in this farce.

I missed the post-fight interviews. What did Froch say about his future? Did he name anyone he’d like to fight?

His bird…

Can’t see Froch fighting Ward again. For one thing he’d be badly beaten again, and Ward is suing his promoter anyway. Ward also seems reluctant to leave Oakland to make a fight, never mind travelling to the UK.

Chavez Jr is also feuding with Arum to that fight looks unlikely. Who’s left? Golovkin? DeGale?

Ooh, a dressing down

Froch said he wanted to fight in Vegas before he retires. Didn’t name names but Sky were talking up DeGale as a potential opponent. That would obviously be a fight to take place in England though.

BOOOOOMMMM