Boxing Thread

[QUOTE=“Watch The Break, post: 953024, member: 260”]Can’t see Froch fighting Ward again. For one thing he’d be badly beaten again, and Ward is suing his promoter anyway. Ward also seems reluctant to leave Oakland to make a fight, never mind travelling to the UK.

Chavez Jr is also feuding with Arum to that fight looks unlikely. Who’s left? Golovkin? DeGale?[/QUOTE]
I would fucking love to see Golovkin fight him. Golovkin would make a ‘good boy’ out of Froch.

I know fuck all about this,but looking into my crystal ball i see a frock v grooves 111,next time its personal :slight_smile:

He tactically blew Groves and his team away.
I know you don’t see it, but he has been out smarting guys for years by letting them think he’s just a scrapper.
He lets them Over use favorite punches and then walks thru them when the power has subsided. It’s only classic fighting, and you would need his chin for it. Generally he stays just enough away to not got hammered.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 953302, member: 273”]He tactically blew Groves and his team away.
I know you don’t see it, but he has been out smarting guys for years by letting them think he’s just a scrapper.
He lets them Over use favorite punches and then walks thru them when the power has subsided. It’s only classic fighting, and you would need his chin for it. Generally he stays just enough away to not got hammered.[/QUOTE]

No he hasn’t Kevin. He has been winning fights because he is tougher than his opponents. He knows he can take punches to give them and he is very handed, there is nothing subtle or skilled about Froch. He’s also had some dubious decisions in his favour - Andre Dirrell being robbed for one and the decision against Groves the first time was very controversial. His conditioning and ability to take punches are his key strengths, hes struggled against a 42 year old Johnson who just didn’t have enough juice to win the bout, thought the second fight with Kessler was very close and nowhere near as wide as some of the judges scored it - this is also Kessler who is not the same boxer anymore and looked gassed pretty early on. He had a to find a knockout in the very last minute against Jermaine Taylor after being completely outboxed the whole fight the first time round.

He’s got as far as he has because he’s tough, durable and has knockout power but he’s anything but skilled or subtle. The decision against Dirrell was an absolute joke.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 953302, member: 273”]He tactically blew Groves and his team away.
He lets them Over use favorite punches and then walks thru them when the power has subsided. It’s only classic fighting, and you would need his chin for it. Generally he stays just enough away to not got hammered.[/QUOTE]

He’s tough as nails Kev but he’s not that astute.

They were the exact opposite in the other fight and I think they colored people’s reaction to it. The first few were obviously groves but far more even rounds after the 4th watt was still blowing on as if Froch was being pelted, but he wasn’t.

Maybe not completely, but McCracken is.

Callan Boxing Club’s Claire Grace guarantee’s herself a medal at the European championship :clap::clap::clap:
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/claire-grace-guaranteed-a-medal-in-bucharest-1.1817757

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 953566, member: 363”]Callan Boxing Club’s Claire Grace guarantee’s herself a medal at the European championship :clap::clap::clap:
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/claire-grace-guaranteed-a-medal-in-bucharest-1.1817757[/QUOTE]

having female boxers in your community isnt something to boast about

I hear there’s a future Olympian in north county Dublin.

Go back to Arabia you sexist pig

:eek:

Oscar has officially shit-canned Schaefer. There is a god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipjSQm0zgoQ

Martinez-Cotto weigh in.

Martinez 159
Cotto 155

Wicked staredown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU6fyGOZWEA

I see Matthew Macklin was arrested in Dublin the other night. Fair enough to say the lad is a bit of a tramp? Saw something in one of the papers last year of him being close friends with a few Dublin underworld crime figures. Thought he always came across well whenever he was being interviewed on TV but his activities outside the ring seem fairly dodgy to say the least.

Yeah always came across as a decent skin but the times report was saying he was very close to Dublin crime figures that would be at all his fights. His gym in magaluf is near their base of operations too.

He hurled with Ballingarry, enough said…

is the gym not in that other shithole marbella??..

What a self righteous hypocrite you are.