Boxing Thread

Best fight Ive seen in a good while. I thought Cordoba had Dunne beat in the 10th but Dunne came back fair play to him.

This is actually quite emotional.

Thought he had him well beaten before that
To hold on at the end of the fifth was great

I think he learned from the Martinez fiasco, he just made it to the bell and regrouped

Bernard- fair play

Dunne must have knuckled down in training big time. He was a different fighter tonight.

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]Thought he had him well beaten before that
To hold on at the end of the fifth was great

I think he learned from the Martinez fiasco, he just made it to the bell and regrouped

Bernard- fair play[/quote]

Yeah it looked like that in the 5th alright but I thought Dunne boxed well after that until the 10th when Corboda landed some good shots. Ref should have stepped in the 2nd time Dunne knocked him down in the 11 as he was well gone.

Epic, what a fight!

Ah yeah his legs were gone big time but I suppose him being a world champ the ref is half afraid to take it off him. I didn’t see anyone give him a real chance before it so fair play to him, a self-made man anyway that’s for sure. I never thought he’d stand up to Cordoba’s punishment but he proved the whole world wrong tonight. Inspirational stuff really.

Dunne’s bravery was sensational. Those three left hooks in the 11th were superb. What a night for the Leinster commuter belt from Wexford up through Wicklow, into Dublin and onwards to Drogheda.

I believe I logged a Celeb Spot for Bernard Dunne on this site some time ago when I saw him at Shelbourne Park. What an epic spot that was.

Didn’t somebody else (maybe gaillimharais?) meet him at a poker tournament and report back on the celeb spotting thread that he was sound and chatty?

Only world champion spot?
Fair play SS

I spotted him going for a stroll down Waterloo Road in Dublin 4 on the morning of that fateful loss to Koki Martinez in August 2007. He used to stay in The Burlington ahead of his fights in Dublin.

I remember that alright. He does seem like a sound fucker alright and was delighted to see two Claremen in the ring with him tonight to celebrate as well, even if we only acknowledge one of them.

I actually think some ape may have nominated the hero Dunne in the cunt of the year competition, Bandage. Could you check that out if you get a chance and possibly hold the perpetrator up to continuous ridicule.

Shame on MBB and flano

http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/showthread.php?p=62019&highlight=dunne#post62019

[quote=“therock67”]Shame on MBB and flano

http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/showthread.php?p=62019&highlight=dunne#post62019[/quote]

Tut tut.

And Flano the hard man wrestling fan. Short of getting raped by a midget I can’t see Flano’s week getting any worse.

Flano’s corner will surely have to throw in the towel after this shambles.

Dunne is foooooked! Glass Chin!

O Gara in big game choke Shocker!!

Well Rintinn, you’re on a hat trick…

A great performance by the West Dublin man. Up the Westies! The 1985 omen paid off in great style.

Had a benji spot myself, in the burlington at the Waterford all-ireland banquet. Fast becoming a TFK legend is benny. Hoodie in the post no doubt…

Fairly shocked that he won myself, be has put in some work.