Boxing Thread

[quote=“mick jones”]Dunne is foooooked! Glass Chin!

O Gara in big game choke Shocker!!

Well Rintinn, you’re on a hat trick…[/quote]

I stand by them statements Mick, O Gara had a very poor game yesterday and at that time Dunne was fucked he should have been stopped, but fair credit is due to him on his comeback.

Met him a week or 2 playing cards before Christmas alright. He was sound and surprisingly very unassuming too.

Fair fucks to him anyway. Great win.

Some performance by Dunne last night to come back from looking completely fucked in the fifth.

Well done son.

Last ten minutes/two rounds of Dunnes fight last night. Great stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9fNUtWX1fs

What a war!

Dunne’s face at the post-fight party:

Whats the story with the Red and Orange eyes, freaky fooker.

This was some fight alright. Never rated Dunne highly but he was tremendous last night.
Saw The Puke in the crowd too.

Only got to see the Dunne fight today as was mouldy drunk at a stag for the last two days. Was never a fan of Dunnes and I still don’t rate him highly but I give the man enormous credit. I genuinely thought he would never have any hope of getting a World title belt and he proved me wrong and fair fooks to him for that.
He also showed great heart in the way he won it, getting up off the canvas twice while in serious trouble. I still think he has a dodgy chin though and not because of the Kiko Martinez ko he suffered. In one of his first few pro fights that he had in Ireland he was fighting a can(can’t remember his name) who had no serious punching power. Dunne was winning the fight easily and got clipped in the last round, he was on the verge of being KO’d there but managed to hold on and survive to win. I just couldn’t see him ever winning a title after watching that fight but I was wrong. Fair fooks to him, not too sure how good Cordoba is though as I never saw him fight before. I still can’t see Dunne holding the title for long but if he proves me wrong again you won’t hear me complaining.

Great fight and a superb atmosphere above in the o2…Thought Dunne was as good as gone after the 5th…Never had too much time for him but fuck me he earned everybodies respect last night…Cordoba was no mug and had plenty of style and ability, hopefully Bernard can hold onto his title for a few years

We saw you in the crowd

Yeah rintintin already brought this to my attention in te six nations thread:)

How much for tickets Puke? Had you a decent view or looking at the big screen. Would have been at it only for it clashing with a stag down in Cork I had to go to.

Did you lure a bird back to the Burlo or wherever you ended up staying Pukey?

90 euro, well worth it…was about 13 rows back in the tiered seating to the left hand side, great view…Had a great night

Ended up in a place on Wexford street, The Palace?..Did my best to drink all the bacardi they had in the place, had fierce craic back in the hotel with an englich hen party…

To top off a great weekend I had a chat with Davy Fitz this morning and Eoin Kelly(he is a bit of a fucking eejit)…The waterford team were also staying in the Burlo

One day in the big smoke Puke and you have enough celeb spots to fill a page get them up. By the way any chance you bump into Paul McGrath at the boxing?

He earned my respect too last night and that means more than any belt.:stuck_out_tongue:

Cracking fight one of the best Ive seen in a while. I never thought Dunne was any use when watching some of his earlier fights. Last night he showed superior guts and fitness to Cordoba and that was decisive. If he had lost last night it was the end of his career really and I thought his performance last night had a real now or never feel to it. I doubt he is capable of any better and he may not hold the belt for long but still last night he produced the performance of his life and fair play to him.

What was that cunt Davy Fitz doing on the stage last night. I nearly puked when I saw the prick. I was in Moroneys pub in Ennis and you could hear everyone around us saying what was that cunt doing there aswell. Not the most popular guy.

No but I was sitting in close proximity to Gerry ‘the monk’ Hutch…He is smaller than I thought he would be…

Delighted and all as I am that Dunne is a world champion, isn’t the fact that the WBA bastardise their weight divisions with unified champions and super champions a disgrace? Like isn’t there another WBA Super Bantam weight champion called Caballero who most poeple would see as the best in the division? As if there aren’t enough world governing bodies already without splitting up the indiviual belts.

The best two fights I’ve seen so far this year were Juan Marquez/Juan Diaz and the Dunne/Cordoba one, two crackers.
For the love of god RTE please make that sickener Jimmy Magee retire and hire a proper boxing commentator.