Boxing Thread

You didn’t try sneak into the ring with Fitzy and Marty puke? Clare well represented in the ring for some reason. Stories about the Waterford team out on the town after the fight as well whether they’re tue or not.

its all about money SS*,sanctioning fees and all that,if ye want to know where dunne stands in world rankings Ring magazine is the only place to go they dont rank him highly at all,great fight though didnt think he had it in him showed a lot a guts

Had a look at The Ring Magazine website.

They have Cabellero as number one in the division and also in the Top 10 of Pound for Pound fighters. Even though on of his only two losses came agianst the lad Dunne beat last night.

They dont have Dunne in the top 10 in the division at the moment.

[quote=“HangBlaa”]Had a look at The Ring Magazine website.

They have Cabellero as number one in the division and also in the Top 10 of Pound for Pound fighters. Even though on of his only two losses came agianst the lad Dunne beat last night.

They dont have Dunne in the top 10 in the division at the moment.[/quote]
theyll have to put him in there now somewher maybe 8th or so

nice interview with Dunne on newstalk this morning, the lad was still in the bed.

I have to say my opinion of this man was all wrong. He milked the European title i thought, Hill16 and the endless chatshow appearances on the back of nothing really.
I hope he doesnt go this route and keeps his feet on the ground.
So far and i know its early but he has shown alot of class that i didnt see before.

He said this morning when he was down and fucked in the 5th he somehow caught the eye of his father at ringside, drove him on, great story.

Good luck to the lad he did us proud.

No way did I think Dunne would get off the canvass twice like that. Showed real guts.

Ya dont say,a cunt is what he is.

[quote=“HBV*”]

He said this morning when he was down and fucked in the 5th he somehow caught the eye of his father at ringside, drove him on, great story.
.[/quote]

The boys in his corner throwing water on the floor of the ring after the 5th so as to slow down the re-start was a masterstroke,
but for this Cordoba would have nailed him at the start of the 6th,the half a minute extra break gave him a great chance.

Anyone else thing Cordoba just got knackered pummelling Dunne?

Fair play to the lad, he has every right to celebrate this one mind you, not like that Euro thing he won.

Best of luck to him, his face took some beating.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Anyone else thing Cordoba just got knackered pummelling Dunne?

Fair play to the lad, he has every right to celebrate this one mind you, not like that Euro thing he won.

Best of luck to him, his face took some beating.[/quote]

I had Dunne ahead by two rounds when it was stopped. They both took a hell of a beating - it was superb to watch.

Dunne showed a bit of class after fight by not initially over clelebrating instead showing concern for Cordoba…until one of his corner men said ‘come on, the doctor knows what to do’ and ushered him away… The bell definitely saved Dunne in the 5th…he was out with the washing…some mental strength to regroup…am I right in saying WBA would be a poor relation to WBO and WBC belts?

Not particulary. It would have been the main one for years, but WBC has grown. It changes sometimes from weight to weight. WBO is a load of bollix, alot of Eastern Europeans held those belts recently.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Anyone else thing Cordoba just got knackered pummelling Dunne?

It’s possible. Rumours of Dunnes weak chin were greatly exaggerated it seems. I honestly didn’t think he could take the punishment and I wouldn’t say Cordoba did either.

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]The boys in his corner throwing water on the floor of the ring after the 5th so as to slow down the re-start was a masterstroke,
but for this Cordoba would have nailed him at the start of the 6th,the half a minute extra break gave him a great chance.[/quote]

yeah
and Cordoba wasn’t fighting Dunne in the 6th round, he was fighting the whole venue.

Possibly,

I was told Cordoba was encouraged to keep Dunne fighting so that he could get a string of challangers lined up.

Either way, these weights, whatever anyone has to say about WBO, or WtheF, are great fights to watch. They’re real scraps, unlike the heavy weights where they’re all trying to land that One punch.

He has a weak chin, one could only imagine what someone like Ponce would do to him.

[quote=“Turenne”]Pavlik was murdered the last time he entered the ring

[/quote]

Pavlik won his last fight ya clown

Who put Paul McGrath sitting beside that gobshite Brian Ormonde, were they trying to drive him to drink?

Lad in work today remarked that he has question marks over the prestige of Dunne’s world title as it was sponsored by Hunky Dorys and shown only on RTE.

He may have a point.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Lad in work today remarked that he has question marks over the prestige of Dunne’s world title as it was sponsored by Hunky Dorys and shown only on RTE.

He may have a point.[/quote]

Tripe.