Boxing Thread

Oh right, turns out this fight isn’t live and he already won. Oh well.

2 Likes

What’s the estimated ring walk time for Canelo v Chavez?

Vegas so presumably 4am or after.

I imagine this is a huge deal in Mexico, big size advantage for Chavez but would expect Canelo to win.

Is it catchweight? I fucking hate catchweights.

164.5 lbs, will be a slaughter. Don’t know how JCC can boil down to that and rehydrate correctly and have any energy left. Canelo tko 10.

That’s too much to cut.

JCCJ is decent but trading on a name . Alvarez is a fucking animal . One winner but as long as it goes past 10 their will be a re-match .

Andy Lee might have views on that .

1 Like

Lee was blaguarded that night. Good and proper.

Chavez has been very poor early on here, he’s cut.

All Alvarez so far

Canelo landing more and more as the rounds progress. Chavez looks clumsy by comparison, hasn’t shown any suggestion he can trouble Canelo yet. Canelo still standing in the corner between rounds. Killing him in the fourth now.

Pathetic from Chavez.

Is he doing rope a dope or fuckin what. He’s hardly even throwing.

He’s a lazy fucker.

Afraid is what he looks

Lovely boxing from Canelo.

Canelo still standing between rounds. Stroll in the park.

Chavez exposed there

WWF style calling out of GGG from the ring, GGG does a ring walk entry complete with music to come in and announce the fight for September.

Pathetic effort from jcc. A disgrace to his father. The weight cut left him with nothing I think, but he could have attempted to go out on his shield. GGG destroys Canelo at 160 every day of the week, knocks him out cold. Canelo trying to wait him out while he gets old, which of course already seems to be the case, given he’s 35 and has a lot of wear and tear. If it does happen this calendar year I’d stake a lot on GGG wiping him out. This fight doesn’t reflect well on Alvarez either.